94 Q45 Fuel Injector Test Results

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
bigtime
Car: 94 Q45

The #7 injector is not giving an ohm reading at the injector harness. Does this mean that the inhector is bad or is it a bad connection? Also #4 is reading 19 ohms. What does this indicate?

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

usually the harnesses are not in good shape but they usually still work fine. looks like its time to replace 2 injectors..

Was the #4 injector reading that hot or cold... Many times iffy injectors can change resistance values depending on temp, might look into that.

bigtime

The readings were take while the engine was cold.

bigtime

Parts place ask for black or white color code. How I determine the color code for my injectors?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

The color code should be a painted dot on the injector's connector, sometimes you have to pull the subharness connection to see it. It's very possible that yours won't have the mark. Those color codes were to micro-match the injectors to each other - so it's not that big of a deal. Your other injectors are worn enough that it's probably not relevant anymore.

Heath

bigtime

Where do you recommend I pruchase the injectors.

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

bigtime wrote:The #7 injector is not giving an ohm reading at the injector harness. Does this mean that the inhector is bad or is it a bad connection? Also #4 is reading 19 ohms. What does this indicate?
Chances are darned good that #7 injector is dead. Sorry. Measuring it directly to verify your readings is going to be tough to do without pulling the plenum.

If all the injectors except #7 were reading 19 ohms you might suspect corrosion on the connector at the injector or possibly brittle wiring in the FI harness. A good cleaning of the connectors and injector pins would bring the readings down a little.

How do #1 and #2 connectors look? Corrosion-free? If corrosion is present take a look at all connectors of the same type. They don't do a good job of keeping moisture out (compared to the type used for the main FI and KS connection which seal very well) . The MAF, CAS, sub-CAS solenoids, TB, EGR solenoids, and the rest of the injectors come to mind. The engine will run much better with all these connectors cleaned, pins tightened and lubed with dielectric grease.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

bigtime wrote:Where do you recommend I pruchase the injectors.
Depends on your budget. For OEM new, I'd go with www.infinitipartsusa.com

For cleaned and tested used, www.deatschwerks.com

I replaced all of mine with aftermarkets from BWD because I didn't want to continue to deal with one or two dead ones at a time - and they claim that theirs are compatible with ethanolized fuels - which is what is killing the OEM injectors. Kind of an expensive approach with an untested brand - but it's working for me so far.

Heath

bigtime

I removed the Intake plenum. Injectors 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 are tan with a white dot. I would think these are the original factory installed injectors. Injectors 5, 6 and 8 are green without a colored dot. Are these aftermarket installed injectors? I am thinking about replacing all of 5 of the tan injectors. Should I replace them, with the white color code injectors or should I match the green injectors.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”