94 altima gxe crank but no start help!

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
johndude
Car: 1994 nissan altima gxe

Hey peeps im having an issue that id really like to solve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im just going to jump right in. My 94 nissan altima gxe cranks but wont start. Will start however with starter fluid but then quickly dies. Ive ruled out the lack of gas pressure with a fuel pressure gauge and ruled out the distributor and spark. Battery seems fine. so ive finally reach my limit and just checked the diagnostic codes on the onboard computer with code 34 (knock sensor) but as far as i know it wouldnt cause this issue of crank no start. i have had faulty interior lighting which kinda turns on and off when it wants. could that have something to do with this? any input would be greatly appreciated.

also, im new to this forum and i apologize in advance if im not in the correct forum topic.

kevindanielk
Car: 1995 Q45 Stock, except for the blues.

Sounds like your injectors are not getting any signal to spray fuel. Test the injector connectors with a noid light, while cranking, to see if they're getting any signal to fire. If no current through the injectors when cranking, it's got to be an ecu issue.....maybe just a blown ecu fuse.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”