'94 Altima GXE (200K miles) alignment considerations.

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
acuevas123
Car: 79 Datsun Kingcab

Hey all,
I got my 94 Altima (200K miles)aligned, but it does not drive straight regardless.
The shop advised that I should consider replacing the "bushings" otherwise it won't drive straight anymore.
Wanted to get some opinions as to what other options I have other then the bushings. Aside from the fact that I don't know what the bushings are or where they are located anyways.
Thanks.

Gambit X
Car: 93 altima se

i'd assume it's been taken care of by now, but on the chance that it's not, here ya go. if your balljoints and/or tierod bushings are bad, it doesn't matter how many times you align it. it will still not drive str8. this is because there is play within the bushings themselves. they've basically failed and need to be replaced. if not, then not only will it continue to do this, you will cost yourself more money in tires. irregular wear and reduced tire life should be expected from failed suspension components. so replace the faulty bushings and more than likely replace your tires, get a four wheel alignment, and she'll drive as str8 as an arrow.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”