94 Altima 230k miles stalling & rpms dropping

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
acuevas123
Car: 79 Datsun Kingcab

Hi All,
I have had idling and pulling/jerking issues with my 94 Altima for a while.
I placed a new distributor and used ECM and that seemed to fixed the issue for a while.

Recently I had timing belt and glides changed. After that repair the car would stall at stops and idle erratically. I then replaced the coolant temp sensor thinking that could be triggering it.

Now my Altima is intermittently stalling when I place vehicle in park.
Also, the rpms will drop significantly when coming to a stop. The rpms will go from a normal 6-7k rpms and drop to 1-3k rpms and bounce right back up to normal range. Any ideas are most welcomed.
Regards,
Andy

mdirks225
Car: 1997 Altima GXE - Stock
1997 Silverado Z71

I only had weird idling issues - 700 "normal" idle down to 500 then back up. for no apparent reason.

After i recently replaced my dizzy (see my thread on that) it fixed that issue.

It could be the same thing even though you've already replaced it - maybe it could be going out again?

Or another thought is that you have wires that are messed up somewhere - far stretch but ive seen it happen.

Timothy S
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima GXE, Auto RE4FO4A, KA24DE Engine

Spark tester might show if the ignition system is the problem. If not, it could be the idle air control valve connector. If keeping your foot on the gas keeps it running, check IAC and vacuum leaks. Did they forget to connect a hose or wire after the timing belt (chain?) replacement?

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”