94 A/C question

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
Yengec

Hi Folks,

I'm a happy owner of a 94 Altima GXE. I noticed lately that my A/C is not cooling enough especially in the hot weather. I live in Miami so average day temperatures of up to 95F is very normal.

If I'm stopping at a redlight, or if I'm going slow (under 30Mph or so) the A/C blows warm. At highway speeds I have no complaints, it blows cold. Also when the weather is not very hot, such as late at night or very early in the AM it's still fine. The fan(s) in front of the radiator kick in and work fine when I turn on the A/C fine.

The car has 130K miles on it and I owned it for 3.5 years, over the 40K miles I've put on it no work on the A/C has been done and I don't know if the previous owner did anything in this area as well.

I'm open to suggestions.

Best regards, & Thanks

Danny

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Welcome to Nico!

I don't know much about A/C myself, but I had a few cars in the past that neede the ac refilled. One of which needed some lines replace due to leaks.

bigtanktremaine
Car: 1993 altima

hey have you tried checking if you had a leak in it. it is probably in one of the lines. check that and make sure you keep anti-freeze in it.

bigtanktremaine
Car: 1993 altima

i want to know if its possible to fit a porsche engine in a 1993 altima?

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”