94&95 Nissan Pathfinder Stereo Puzzles SOLVED....

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
boogar

Well....after alot of reading of nissan scematics and looking at totaly usless info on the web, I found out this bit of info...The Clarion "active sound" system is totaly diffrent than the regular stock set up.

If anyone out there is tring to add a new head unit or a whole new sound system, I might be able to help out with this one.

I used most of the factory wires , with no need to rewire doors and rear speakers.

Also, I found all the correct wires for power and so forth, seeing as how the plugs may look the same for this "active sound system", but an after market adaptor harness wont work, for either the 94 or 95 clarion system.

One surprise I foundwas the Carbon fiber cone clarion speakers I found as a stock speaker.....the foam was rotted out but still...carbon fiber, for a stock speaker.

Anyhow ..Im all geeked about the sounds comming from the pathy.

If anyone needs help on their 94 or 95 pathy with the "active sound system" BY clarion...Im here to help

Boogar

nizmo_dryfta
Car: '98 Altima '99 Altima '96 Sable crapped out, now searching for a 240

haha i probably should have read this before i posted. but anywho yea i just put a new radio and four new speakers and i too was surprised in the carbon fiber cone, and her surround too was rotted out lol... but like in my post would you happen to know where the damn factory amp is? beacause ive got to bypass it in order for the new four channel amp to really kick a$$. it should sound really sweet when completed. 5x7 alpine type s with the new rockford fosgate four channel amp.

atomicfire

On my 91 XE the factory amp is under the center console right above the floor. If you look behind the headunit its a little under it. Its a round cylinderish thing.

Sarlacc
Car: 1995 Pathfinder SE 5spd

Sigh...I used the damn search feature and still didnt find this post....so much for not having to totally rewire my car...oh well, it was a nice project.

JebsNYCQ45
Car: 1994 q45

Hey Boogar, i know this is a little late and all but i need some help with that sound system thing. I

I'm installing a new pioneer avic D3 and some infinity reference speakers in my 95 path. I installed the head unit using the factory harness adapter and just like you said.....No Sound.

I need to know what exactly was done to bypass the factory amps. also i am hooking up crossovers too so if you can calculate whatever needs to be done and let me know.

It would be greatly appreciated...

Or anyone else who might know about this issue and reads this first if you or anyone you know can help me i would be in your debt....

Thanks again to anyone who can help....

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”