94' 240sx Convertible Restoration.

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Konster
Car: 07' M35X
92' Vert

This is my 8th 240sx (2nd Convertible). Planning on fully restoring it unlike the others I owned. It will take a couple of years before I get it the way I want it, but good things come to those who wait, or so they say. Took me about 5 months to find a truly clean Vert and luckily it was a 1994 which is always a plus. Picked her up from a dealership for $3500.

First day I got her and started working on the pillar removal.

Finished with both sides already, can't seem to find pictures. will post them as soon as I do. For some reason the panels don't sit flush, going to mess around with it a bit more see if I can make it work.

Installed Circuit Sports clear side markers and gave her a bath. My daily chilling in the back.

Picked some clean S15 sun visors because the stock one's were ugly and destroyed.

Going to mess with the car some more on Saturday. Planning on installing B14 Seat belts, Pioneer front & rear speakers, Maxima tinted mirrors, CS tail lights & turning signals. Will post some more pictures soon.
Last edited by Konster on Wed May 22, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Get pics and write up of the S15 Visors (if they require any work).

Looking for something to replace mine with.

Konster
92' Vert

Will definitely post a write up soon. I'm almost done with them, just need to mount them to see how they sit.

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

s15 sun visor upgrade is one of the best mods I've done to mine. It's way better than flimsy stock ones.

Konster
92' Vert

Indeed, thanks for your help man.

Konster
92' Vert

A few little updates.

Seen a few different wrote ups of how people mounted their seat belt conversions and didn't really like it. So me and my cousin did something a little different. It came out very clean, looks like it came out that way out of the factory. The two plastic trims cover both of the holes perfectly.

Didn't like the OEM Tails;

So I got some Circuit Sports ones from FRS;

The grills were a little faded so I painted them and changed the turning signals as well;

As we know the stock speakers suck, so I installed some Pioneer ones. Really cheap and great sound;

Also installed Nissan Maxima side view Mirrors (they are tinted blue);

Cleaned up the engine bay a bit with some Simple Green;

That's it for now, going to update some more thing in a few weeks.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

Such nice looking paint & top - great find.

My Recaro seats rub right there so I had to go higher for the shoulder belt - mine comes out on top of the trim. You *might* have an issue with inspection with them so low. My inspector failed me once because mine would not retract. I had to trim the panel inside and move the seat forward to get it to retract easily & then it passed.

I did the S15 visors this weekend - it was easy just pull the swivel ends out - it pops right out on S15; a little harder on 'vert. I could not get the specified Sharpie to work - it was too big to go on the shaft and also too big to go into the visor hole. I ended up using the Sharpie cap, trimmed and taped around the 'vert shaft. Unfortunately mine drooped (I may re-do with some more tape to hopefully bind it up more) but for now I reversed the swivel part and they hug the top now and I can still pull them down for the front window. Can't swing them to the side window reversed like that but I don't do that much anyway and they do not droop and they hold their level like this.

They look so much better - the visors are so visible when the top is down.

Konster
92' Vert

Thanks man, those visors look baller!

I'm not worried about inspection since I will never register the car, but I would like them to retract. I was wondering what kind of seat belts did you use and if you can post a pic of your seat belt set up.

Also is that a new carpet or did you dye it?

blkvrtswp
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

I used S14 front belts and receivers, installed basically just like the NICO guide coming out the top of the trim. On my drivers side I have the S14 extension thing that raises the top-most point of the belt up about 4-5 inches. This turned out perfect for me as I am 6' 1" and do not have low seat rails.

It's all apart at the moment (fixing the quarter window guides) but I'll snap a pic when the windows go back in - hopefully this weekend.

It is a brand new black carpet from Custom Interiors or something like that - about $125. 1st item I bought for the car!

Konster
92' Vert

Nice, post a pic whenever you can. I was thinking of using 2013 Altima seat belts, but the only problem is that the clickers are too long.

Going to give them a call sometime this week because the last time I spoke to them they said that they don't have convertible carpets.

240jaysx
Car: 2005 mustang gt vert/red interior(Present)
1989 240sx coupe(past)
1991 240sx coupe(past)
1993 240sx vert(Present)

Damn Man great find..really clean.I thought mine was clean....good luck!

blkvrtswp
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

Coupe carpet = vert carpet. :biggrin:

Konster
92' Vert

240jaysx wrote:Damn Man great find..really clean.I thought mine was clean....good luck!
Thanks man.
blkvrtswp wrote:Coupe carpet = vert carpet. :biggrin:
:bigthumb:

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

ehhhh not quite. It will fit better than a hatch carpet, but the rear foot area is molded differently because the coupes had the retractors there.

Konster
92' Vert

Bought a 98' carpet from Zilvia. Looks pretty identical to the Vert carpet, going to try to fit it in a few weeks. Will post results later.

blkvrtswp
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

krash wrote:
ehhhh not quite. It will fit better than a hatch carpet, but the rear foot area is molded differently because the coupes had the retractors there.
True. Behind my seats it is a little bit bunchy in spots, but it's not visible because my seats are always fully back so I have never bothered to try to make it look 100% pretty. The "molding" on the new carpet was almost non-existent compared to the OEM original.

Konster
92' Vert

Bought fresh stalks from the dealer, also a new retractable headlight switch. They look and feel so much better than the old switches.

Also bought Circuit Sports QR + Hub and a nice Nardi 330mm wheel.

My goal is to buy as much new interior parts as possible from Nissan while they still have them to make my car look fresh inside. So I copped a new ash tray and center console. Going to buy the finisher later.

Konster
92' Vert

Copped floor mats of eBay. I heard they wear out pretty fast, but I will only be driving the car a few times a year when it's only nice out so I'm not too worried about it. I personally really like how they look.

Took a trip to Jersey for some S14 seats for $60, pretty good deal. They not in the greatest shape, but a lot more comfy than the S13 seats. Might get then reupholstered or will probably get some cleaner SE seats if they happen to pop up.

Took out the B14 seats belts because they didn't retract. Replaced them with the Vert rear belts. They feel a lot better and retract. Once I bring the car to the city I'm going to take it to a welder to make the belts a little more safer. Was going to fully finish the seat belt conversion, unfortunately I forgot the panels in NY and the car is in PA.

Bought Ichikoh fog lights, now all I need is the brackets. If someone has it or can tell me the dimensions so I can make one please let me know, I really want to install these. Also currently waiting for a new fog light switch and power window finishers from the dealer. Ordered a 1990 OEm Accord lip from eBay, looked good on a coupe I saw so I'm going to jock it lol.

Some shots of the car, she's a bit dirty;

More updates coming soon, hopefully.

Konster
92' Vert

Bought a new quarter window switch from the dealer, possibly the last one. Old one on the left.

After searching for about six months, I finally found a clean set of mudflaps. Love the way they look on the car.

I always wanted illuminated door sills so I made them myself. Didn't get a chance to wire them yet unfortunately.

Took about 20 minutes to cut the sill and put the aluminum plate on 3M tape.

How it looks on the car;

2X LED strips.

That's all for now.

5280VertDET
Car: 1993 240SX Vert SR/Auto

Gorgeous!

Konster
92' Vert

Thank you Sir.

Konster
92' Vert

Wanted to dye the carpet this weekend, but it was too cold so I probably won't have any updates for a while after this one. Again did some minor things that bugged me. Hit it with Dupli- Color Vinyl paint. Looks a lot better in person.

Got my hands on a rare piece, Silvia trunk liner. Love this thing.

New finishers, now all I need is new switches (300+ from the dealer).

biggie

Good work. Lucky find on the trunk liner. I got lucky to find mine for free with the trunk lid.

Konster
92' Vert

Thanks dude. Bought it as soon as I saw it for sale on Zilvia. Sucks that you're selling your Vert mang.

biggie

Yeah, just need money for family/house. Still will have my coupe to play with. Not many interested so far though either.

Konster
92' Vert

Crazy considering how clean it is. You should leave the trunk liner for your coupe IMO.

Btw, gave you a few bumps without being too obvious about it when you first listed it.

biggie

Cool, thanks. I would switch my drivetrain to the Vert and keep it instead if I had the time/manpower.

Konster
92' Vert

I hear that man, GLWS.

slyden87
Car: 1993 240sx Vert

Very nice vert! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous! ;)

Konster
92' Vert

Haha, thank you Sir.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”