94 240SX constant whining noise

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Origowner
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX SE vert

Hello, everyone: I'm new to the forum. I am the original owner of a 1994 240sx convertible. Been puttin some money into it over the last 4 years, new paint, all engine and tranny seals replaced, new interior and top. Love drivin it, even though it's a dog when it comes to pick-up. I have a problem with something in the engine or tranny though. I have a constant whining noise no matter what the rpms are. It does increase as the rpms increase. Spent a lot of time tryin to pinpoint the cause, took it to a shop which used a scope and their best guess is the power steering pump. Easy, right? Try to find an oem or reman...nobody has one! Any and all help and advice is appreciated.....thanks, Eddie
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

bgoodwill
Car: 92 240sx convertible

Hi Ed,

And welcome to this forum. Sadly, very few people use it anymore. Please join us in the FaceBook "240sx convertible owners" group. You'll find a lot more current info there and folks are always sharing up to date info on where to find cars and parts. The FB group "S-chassis Buy/Sell/Trade" is also an excellent place to find used parts.

Gotta love a vert!!

Origowner

bgoodwill wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:29 pm
Hi Ed,

And welcome to this forum. Sadly, very few people use it anymore. Please join us in the FaceBook "240sx convertible owners" group. You'll find a lot more current info there and folks are always sharing up to date info on where to find cars and parts. The FB group "S-chassis Buy/Sell/Trade" is also an excellent place to find used parts.

Gotta love a vert.

Hello, thanks for the welcome!..Yes, i'll definitely check out the site on facebook.

Origowner

Hello, thanks for the welcome! I'll check out the facebook group for sure.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”