93 nissan d21 susppension upgrades.. any ideals???

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
smoke show $$$
Car: 93 Nissan d21 2wd

i have a 93 Nissan truck its 2wd 5speed an I was wondering if theres any suspension upgrades out there, I just want it to rid a little better an hang the corners better any advice or info is appreciated

[email protected]
Car: 2000 Maxima & 1993 Hardbody Kingcab

The first thing that should be replaced is the stock shocks. Before you buy your shocks, consider your ideal ride height? Meaning are you planning on lowering it? Bell Tech still makes many lowering components for lowering your truck. If you go with more than a 2" drop, you should be looking for special shocks made for your lowered truck. Next replace your stock rubber bushings with firmer Urethane Bushings. Energy Suspension & Prothane are the biggest players in bushings. Replace your front sway-bar or at least replace the sway-bar bushings & consider adding a rear sway-bar. The most important component of any vehicle, is the tires. Choose your tires & rims carefully. The D21 isn't the easiest to fit for tires or rims, especially when it is lowered. By the way if you think your ride is rough & bouncey with stock R14/195/75 series tires, going to a lower profile tire will make your ride harsher.

I have a '93 rwd, King cab. Right now, I am running everything stock, except KYB Monomax shocks, Energy Suspension Leaf Spring & Front Sway-Bar Bushings. After I finish my Spring/Summer projects, I am lowering it with Bell Tech 3" drop Leaf Springs & adding a Bell Tech Rear Sway-Bar & Alignment. From there, I will be taking it to a friend's tire shop to figure out how wide a tire I can fit without excessive rubbing. I am hoping to fit R16/225/55 Series tires, because that might be the narrowest tire that can safely go on a 16 X 8 rim? There aren't many cool looking 16" rims, that are narrower than 8". To make matter worse, the Hardbody isn't really made for wide big wheels. By the way, I love these KYB Monomax shocks.....but, I don't know yet if they will be able to handle a 3" drop.

pendulum
Car: '90 Hardbody

I've got a '90 King Cab 2WD, and I'm in the middle of collecting parts for my suspension overhaul. Here's what I've got so far, and what I'm still waiting to get.

Purchased:
KYB Gas-A-Just 4WD front shocks - If you're lowering your truck more than 2", get 4WD shocks. They're shorter.
Sway-A-Way torsion bars

Ordering soon:
Every bushing Energy Suspension makes for the Hardbody
Button-style bump stops
OEM 240SX SE front sway bar
biggest rear sway bar I can find
3" drop blocks
leaf spring hanger redrill

[email protected]
Car: 2000 Maxima & 1993 Hardbody Kingcab

Thanks "pendulum" for the heads up on the 4WD shocks! I think I will order a pair, before I get started on tearing everything apart.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”