'93 hardbody isn't running. Needs new fuel pump or sending unit

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
00MaxSE
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT

My '93 hardbody won't start. (been like this for a week)Checked the carb and no fuel is going into it so I thought it was the fuel pump. I called around asking for prices on parts and when I called the dealer and spoke to the parts guy, he said it may be the fuel sending unit and not the pump that is bad. He says if the sending unit isn't working, the pump won't work.

He said I have to drop the gas tank or pull off the bed to access it. I looked underneath with my dad today and it looks to be the case.

I think I'm just going to have it towed to someplace to have it fixed. i don't have the time to do it or the patience, not knowing if it's the sending unit or pump that is faulty. Plus I don't have air tools and I'm sure all the bolts are rusty and will be a PITA to remove.

Any ideas?

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

I read through my manual and can't find the procedure for this repair. You seem to have the right idea of bringing it in. Rusty bolts are a real PITA.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”