93 Black Convertible for me

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
USC Justice
Car: 88 Desert Runner, 02 Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 QX56, 09 G37S Vert, 12 Pathfinder Silver, 15 Q50

Well I now have the project car I have been seeking. It is a 1993 Convertible, with 193k miles.

I have also gotten a parts car for scrounging bits and pieces from. The parts car is a 90 coupe. It was a manual, so I have everything but the flywheel and clutch kit for a conversion to Manual Transmission. That is coming probably during February. I

'm excited about it, as I plan to make it about a year or 18 month long project to culminate in a complete body color change paint job and an SR20 motor. Oddly enough the parts car even came with a nice set of Enkei RP05's with Falken ZEIX tires on them. I was thrilled about it.

I now have a grand total of 750 invested between the two cars and the wheels and tires. I'm pretty sure the wheels and tires are worth more than the two cars together. Sadly I find this very funny.

Always looking for more knowledge and tips.

Donald
Modified by USC Justice at 6:55 PM 1/3/2006

top_secret

cool looks a lot like mine did when I started. mine is a black 93 too. is it me or did they make like most of the verts in black and white with a handful in red? I haven't seen very many in any of the more interesting colors that hatches and coupes were sold in (gold, green, silver, etc)

09quickly
Car: 92 240sx convertible

I have a red 92 convertible in Charlotte, NC. Purchased it in October '05 for $900.00. It needs many "little" things, plus I have a looong thread on the Nissan online mechanic site trying to address my trans. staying in 3rd gear. That is still not resolved, but I am hopeful. I am also going to have to address a severe oil pan/timing cover leak, and most likely a timing chain. I have a son who goes to USC, thereby taking most of my convertible project money.

USC Justice
Car: 88 Desert Runner, 02 Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 QX56, 09 G37S Vert, 12 Pathfinder Silver, 15 Q50

Don't know about the transmission problem, but the oil leak often is the front main seal. I know with mine when I got it the front main seal was a big pain in the butt, leaking and then the fan blowing the oil up and all over the place. That's about a 7 dollar seal, and just a little time and effort to get everything out of the way to pull the pulley and get the seal out.

If you are interested, I'll be pulling the Auto transmission out of my car in about another 3 weeks for the manual swap. The only thing left to pick up for that swap is the flywheel.

What I have found is the process of mapping out the list and timeframe for each item is the best way of handling all the little stuff. It also helps keep the wife happy, as she doesn't think I'm overdoing it.

I can understand about USC sapping money out of you. I went there for both undergrad and grad school. My wife is finishing up in May. What is your son majoring in?

What's the condition of the interior and so on with yours? Want to toss up some pics? If you need anything, let me know soon, as I have a Coupe that I'm taking apart as a parts car.

Thanks,Donald

09quickly
Car: 92 240sx convertible

I appreciate the advice, I will try to get it out in the sunshine for some pics before I try to tackle the front of the engine. I am currently addressing an MAF issue, questionable voltages. Here goes - 165,000 miles. Top: worn. Back window: split . Dash: excellent. Console: Very good. Front seats: Need to be redone. Carpet: Needs replacing. Back seat: good. Door panels: worn, could use some work. No rust, some dings. How is your auto. trans. working now? I may be interested. What year coupe?

My son is a freshman in the business school. I will be bringing him back down to Columbia tomorrow. My email is [email protected]. Send me an email regarding parts or whatever. Jim

USC Justice

Email sent.

What is the MAF voltage problem- wiring or the MAF itself?

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”