93 Altima GXE - Replacing Carpet

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
painless23

Hi. I just bought a 93 Altima & the interio carpet is funky. I was going to replace it but wondered if anyone has done that before & how big of a job was it? I'm guessing the front seats come out fairly easy....just didn't know how hard it'll be to get out the rear seat and all the trim panel.

Thanking you in advance for your suggestions/advice.

Painless23

94ALTIMAGLE
Car: 94 altima gle

i dont know about the front seats, but the rear seats come out with ease.there are two blots the hold the lower seat one, about a inch down and a couple of inches over from the door seal. then the seat just glides out. the upper is a touch more diffacult with about 4 bolts, 2 at the crease where the rear seat just came out of, the other two where the ski port is. pretty simple stuff. most of the panels have a screws covered by small bolt cover.

now if you plan on upgrading the rear speakers i suggest you do it now because to get the speakers you almost have to take the rear seats out.

if you have a 6"x9" you will have to replace it with a 6 1/4" or 6 1/2". may i suggest a 3 way pioneer. they work great and sound even better.

happy upgrades94altimagle

painless23

Thanks so much for the advice bro, I'm gonna order the carpet this weekend. Take care.

94ALTIMAGLE
Car: 94 altima gle

awesome, keep me posted with your progress.

nismo96ka

front seats are easy to remove also...4 bolts. don't know if you have power seats or not....

painless23

Thanks. It's at the detail shop now so I'll replace the carpet if they aren't able to clean it up.

Bardockhan
Car: Nissan Altima GXE 1993

I want to do the same here so let me how it goes...

WideBodyCharlie
Car: 77 Datsun B210, 74 pl620, 98 Frontier, 94 Altima, Nissan Cube

i did it to mine. it's kinda weird because the dash was built around the carpet. so you have to cut itat the top right in front of your shifter. unless you take the dash out. no reason to do that. just getting it flat and straight is prettty hard, but it would be that way in any car. an hour or 2 at the most. i did a complete leather upgrade on the seats, new carpet, and painted some panals to match. it was a few months back. i went all black. best wayoh yeah i am having problems tucking it in all the edges.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”