93 altima cylinder 3 misfire

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
Gambit X
Car: 93 altima se

hello everybody. i have a 93 altima and it has been having an intermittent cylinder 3 misfire. sometimes it runs fine and then here lately it's been missing. i've checked all plugs and wires and they're good ( just recently replaced them during a tuneup with also cap and rotor.) i pulled the plug out to see if it was fouled at all and compared it to the other plugs from working cylinders and it looks the same as the others. a slight brown tint to be exact. which is leading me to think it's not getting fuel. so i'm leading towards that the fuel injector may be bad. to help confirm this i'll take a stethoscope to it as well. the car just hit 100,000 miles. i'm gonna do a compression test today to make sure it's holding air. any input and courses of action added i would appreciate. thanks.

Gambit X

update, i did a compression check and it's holding compression. i did notice that in cylinder two, the top of the piston was dry. but for cylinder 3, the piston was wet. perhaps the injector is stuck open and just dumping fuel in? would it be too rich for it to combust? i just wanna be as sure as i can before blowing 80 bucks on an injector

Gambit X

bump. anyone? show me some lovin! it did start up and run fine this morning. i noticed when i put it in second, it started up again but then stopped and the car had power again. i just really want a second opinion

Racingline

long overdue but swap the injectors around and see what happens. If it's an injector you'll get a misfire code on the new cylinder. If it's still on cyl3 then it could be your distributor not firing

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”