92 Stanza - right place to ask for rad. fan wiring colors?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
bassettsnose
Car: 1992 Nissan Stanza

Greetings folks...the Altima forum starts with the U13, and since my 92 Stanza is a U12...and since I'm told the last generation of Stanzas have more in common with the folks in this forum, thought I'd try here.

I'm trying to hard wire the radiator fan(s) to a switch on the dash. They were previously (poorly) wired to a switch, however the wires got so hot the rubber all but melted off. I'm trying to identify the power and the ground wires I'll need to run the fan(s) using only a dash-mounted switch. I see the four wires coming from the body of the fan motor; can anyone identify them by color and function?

I primarily need to know which two wires to use as a power and a ground. I've viewed a FSM online, however it was too small for me to read (no spring chicken) and didn't identify them by color nor location on the motor (top two vs bottom two).

ANY help GREATLY appreciated.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi and welcome to NICO Club!

Are your fans still wired to the relays? If so, I suggest wiring two switches to your relay locations hi and low. Technically, you could wire your fan grounds to the chassis and any 12v source to the switch and then to the fan power.

I looked at the FSM (my eyes are fine) and see that the wiring diagrams don't provide color codes, just connectors and where they go, plug numbers and pin numbers. So tracing is the way to go. I don't have a Stanza or I'd just go look at mine for you.

Here's a link to the FSM I looked at. You can zoom in pretty easy, so if you view it on a PC, I think you can make it legible.

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... a_1992_FSM

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”