92 nissan 4cyl no spark

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
omerta17
Car: 92 nissan pickup

Hi guys i just bought this truck it is mint.my problem is it started making a knocking noise today but still ran it had a little less power but it ran then all of a sudden it stopped i only drove truck maybee a half mile till it shut off.so when i first heard the noise i shut it off and checked the oil that was full so i started it again and thats when it shut off . so i checked the oil that was ok.checked for spark none.compresion check all cylenders at 90 psi and plugs were fouled with gas no oil please help were do i start,,thank you

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

This question recently came up on our site about a member's Altima. Below is the reply that saved the day there. Altima's also us the KA engine that is similar to what's in the HB. Hope this helps.

Pull the dist and check it for oil. The oil seals between the distributor and the head like to go and let oil from the valve cover area into the CAS in the base of the dist, which then stalls the engine. So, check that first. If theres any oil at all in the distributor, thats probably the cause. It may require replacement of the module inside the distributor in addition to replacing the oil seal. This is a very common problem.

The other thing that can cause this is a malfunctioning knock sensor (also a common problem). You can just disconnect the knock sensor if you want for the time being and see if that helps. It is located on the backside of the enigne above the oil filter.

omerta17
Car: 92 nissan pickup

thanks for the reply, i changed the coil and now have spark.now my problem is it is flooding out i pulled the plugs and changed them and disconected the fuel pump relay and the truck started as soon as i hooked up the relay it flooded out again. also when the truck did start it had no power ,,,,thank you

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”