92 240sx se cluster w/HUD Problem

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Mufa
Car: 1992 240sx se coupe

So I was wondering if I could swap my HUD cluster for a analog cluster. I took it to a local shop because my digital/HUD cluster wasn't working and the guy that looked at it said that he couldn't fix it and that I would have to get the exact same one for my car and I can't switch because of some computer that the car has. Any help or solution to what I can do to have a working speedometer? (Everything on the cluster worked fine except for my speedometer/odometer/trip/HUD)

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Isn't HUD just a duplicate of the gauges, but on your windshield? Just ignore the hud (or unplug it) and use the regular gauge cluster.

Also, there's the underlying issue of your speed sensor in the transmission being the most likely culprit. Fix that and all will work again. It's the last sensor before the drive shaft, it's a barrel shape and has a pigtail. Make sure the wires aren't shorted or broken. Make sure the gear didn't break off the end (just unscrew it and slide it out to take a peek). That is what I think is your issue. That and you have a mechanic that I'm not so sure about. Speed sensors are all over the place, borrow one from a friend temporarily. Oh, I did hear on the radio that pick n pull has half price this three day holiday weekend. Maybe you'll find one there. Any S13 speed sensor will fit. Trucks from the same S13 years also... I think.

Lord Umoja
Car: 1993 240SX 'Vert

FYI, the HUD cluster and the Analog clusters use different sub harnesses off the main dash harness. If you swap to an analog cluster you need the sub-harness too. PM me and I may be able to get you pics, also have a spare analog cluster in my garage (I converted my dash to a HUD dash).

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”