92 240sx 383 Stroker build

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
KYburner

So Ive been spending the last few weeks researching and trying to get a plan of attack going. Asked a few questions got a FEW answers, so I figured Id start a post with some pics and list of goals I have for the project.

Heres what I have so far:

92 240sx 383 c.i. Stroker motor. I will have exact specs of the motor soon. The pics are cel phone pics of the motor still inside the car it came out of a 80's Iroc Camaro. It put down 415 Hp, and 510HP on a 100 shot. I will not be running Nitrous for a long long time. The motor is pretty much complete just needs a water pump belts, and carb (which I should have a Holley 650 dp with the deal hopefully).

350Turbo Trans with 3600 Stall. Shift kit already on the trans.

I will be ordering the Mckinney's motor and trans mounts. As well as their oil pan as soon as they are all available.

I am aiming at getting the car runing and driveable for under $3500. For car motor and trans I have spend $1900. I know Mckinneys will have an awesome introductory price for their pieces, so hopefully I will have around $800 to $1000 left to finish it up.

I will need a radiator, electric fan, water pump, and a drive shaft, full exhaust and other small misc. things to finish it up. After I get it runing I plan to upgrade rims w/ new tires of course. Energy Suspension bushings everythwere. New lowering springs and shocks, ( good mid price suggestions needed on this). then on to the interior. What do the experts think? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

How the hell do you post pics on here???

KYburner

follow this link to a few pics!!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.co...463e0

Davidss
Car: Z06/S2K

Sounds like a cool project. $800 to get it finished is going to be tough though. Why not use the nova oil pan? Also why not make the mounts yourself? It's easy compared to the headers! Also with a carb you will likely not be able to clear the hood...

Good luck!

FAST-DATSUN

Just a OBTY the Nova oil pan and its aftermarket one will need to be modified to work.....

Return to “Hybrids”