92 240 stereo wiring questions

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Drift

I am installing my stereo, but have no clue which wires are which. If anyone can help me out here please by telling me what each wire is or in the 90FSM I downloaded, where can I find the diagram in there? Also what do I do about the odd antenna connection that doesn't fit into aftermarket decks?

Also -- my new pioneer deck has an "ILL" wire and a "MUTE" wire. I know the mute wire is for cell phones -- but my question is how do I hook that up and what do I hook it up to. And what is the "ILL" wire for.

astron

for the odd connector, walmart has universal adapters from nissan plug to the regular one, or most car audio places will have em too...one nice thing about the walmart one is that they have an extra input jack in the regular style, which helps out in hooking up rf modulated cd changers, dont know about the restast

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

The ILL wire will light up the headunit when you turn your lights on. The mute wire is only used when you have a cell phone car hardwire kit. Your ILL wire is orange, use that wire to connect to the adapter harness wire that is orange as well.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”