91 sentra: fuel pressure at 75psi!!! sr20de

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
ttandhondas
Car: 91 nissan sentra

i got a 91 sentra se-r with the sr20de:
my fuel pressure is at 75psi! should only be around 38-42psi shouldn't it? I got another fuel pressure regulator and its still doing it.. my gauge isn't broke cause both gauges are doing it. I got a walbro 255 fuel pump, could it be that? I adjust both fuel pressure regulators all the way down untill the screw comes out of it and the gauge doesn't move. Idk if i need a special regulator or if its my fuel pump.

ttandhondas
Car: 91 nissan sentra

oh yea.. and it also doesn't smoke or leak gas. I was told it has cams and light weight crank when i got it.. and i know that's the only time u need to turn the fuel pressure up... but no matter what cams u got it shouldn't be that high.

codyace
Car: S14 w/redtop

What regulators have you tried to use? IIRC unscrewing the adjustment should decrease pressure..but really just watch the gauge as you adjust it to understand which way is which.

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

Maybe somebody replaced your pump with a walbro or something... That's way overkill for a stock B13.

Dattebayo

Dattebayo wrote:Maybe somebody replaced your pump with a walbro or something... That's way overkill for a stock B13.
I suck at reading... (a month later, lol)

BTW, I'm having a similar issue, but with a stock FPR. Oy, fuel pressure is 62 psi at idle, WTF I put the gauge inline between the fuel filter and rail on the feed line, so I'm thinking it's a partially blocked return line since the FPR was replaced with a known working one...

Anyone?

Dattebayo

I got some fuel line hose from Advance just now. I unhooked the return line and attached the hose I just bought to the return spot on the rail, emptied it out into a 1 gallon gas can I had, and OALA! fuel pressure returned to normal levels.

I have a partially blocked return fuel line

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”