91 ka24de engine randomly shutting off while driving

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
StonedRhyder
Car: 91 240sx ka24de

:bs: What a story, So I had blown my head gasket and took my car to a "mechanic". He broke my cam so I took it back and put everything together from just bolts and washers from the box he had them in. Anyway, It is starting to randomly shut off. Some times it is an hour after start up and other times its 2 min. Now I have replaced fuel filter, injectors, plugs, wires, dizzy, cap and rotor, coil, control module, temp sensor, temp sensor relay, thermo, IACV, TPS,No vac leaks and am sure of it, air filter, cat, O2 sensor. When it dies its just the engine, the rpms and tach go to Zero but my radio and lights stay on. I have it in gear while this happens it starts to buck and trys to pop start itself but thats becasue its a manual trany. Its not giving me any codes at all. I have done some research and it looks like maybe MAF or fuel pump. I have asked a couple of people that have 240s in my area and they have suggested my fuel pump sending unit. I have looked but can not find the part. Is there some other names for it? I plan on getting a fuel pump along with the relay just to eliminate anything fuel. Any suggestions? It seems to happen as i press the gas pedal but other times it just does it when ever, even idle. Has anyone had this problem? what did you do? any other suggestion? Thanks again, go go nico!

StonedRhyder

:ohno:

StonedRhyder

:ohno:

StonedRhyder

Couple views, no replies. Anybody/anything?

StonedRhyder

Maf and fuel pump should be in next week.....

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”