91-93 DOHC engines! help

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
platinum240sx

what up boyz im in a delema , i have a 89 240 sx and i have bout 200 km on the engine it still runs strong but i think the head gasket is leaking and all together i think i want an engine swap so im looking into the DOHC engins i hear they are faster then mine and i dont have money for the sr20det swap and insurence will rape me so how much do you think i can do a DOHC swap for i live in toronto and does anybody know who can do it for me or anyone that can help me out! or do you think i should just sell the car and buy a 91-93 , opinions plz! thx

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

well if your worryed about insurence on the SR.. i would say.. DONT tell your insurence provider.. get a camra without a date on it and take some pics of the motor.. if u get in an accedent then show them the pix and tell them that u just had the motor intalled a month ago (or somthing) and dident had time to send the info into them.. and on the KA engen i dont think the DOHC is THAT much faster.. but its up to u...

SWIFT_DRIFT

first you should find out exactly what it wrong with your engine. if it is just the head gasket you could get that replaced for cheaper than buying a whole new engine and having it installed and paying labor...since you dont sound like a do it yourself guy :rolleyes

platinum240sx

i am a do it urself guy i do all the work on my car by myself but i dont have anyone to show me whats wrong and how to fix it so how can i do it myself when i dont know how to fix it!

SWIFT_DRIFT

well whats leaking and from where? any driveability problems?

platinum240sx

it looks like its leaking right under the valve cover!

WAbernethy

It really wouldn't be worth swapping the motor to a DOHC. There's more to it that just changing the motor.

SWIFT_DRIFT

Quote »it looks like its leaking right under the valve cover![/quote] It's NOT the head gasket then...its the valve cover gasket. My car was leaking at cylinder #2 under the valve cover. Simple a** fix...check to make sure your valve cover is screwed down, if it is torqued correctly and is still leaking, then replace the gasket under the cover.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”