91 300zx TT Z32

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
Paf3d0
Car: 91 300zx TT

So i have been reading these forums for awhile now trying to figure out what my problem is with my Z. Cant seem to find it on here but there are so many options to choose from.I have done many of the tests and replacement parts thus far, but still having the same problem! :tisk:

So when my car first starts i have really high rev'ing that shoots down to almost 0 and sometimes shuts off. When the car is warmed up it idle's fine right where it should! Now my problem is that im running VERY rich almost were im putting in $20 a day of gas for 15 miles of driving.. The car just doesnt want to go. My car shakes in low rpms and when i give it gas its like a lawn mower doesnt go anywhere! When im driving and keep a steady speed i can feel the car bogging out.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks guys.. btw im not a mechanic or car tech guy at all. All ive done is just do some research. Ive also done the ECU test that says my Left side 02 sensor is bad?

300zxtt4life
Car: Sold:1992 300zx tt swap
Sold:1990 300zx tt

It can be a numer of things worn out and or ready to be replaced. Have you ohm tested your coil packs, injectors, and detonation sensor? Crank angle sensor is also a good place to check if engine stalls when accelerating. Check tps is working and calibrated? Make sure your cam position sensors are in working condition and not fallen off the back of the heads. Replace both oxygen sensors as well as make sure you don't have any leaks on the lower/upper manifolds? Are you running aftermarket blow off valves'? Do you have a proper tune for that? MAF sensor may also be bad. These cars can be tricky to diagnose but once they are running properly they are a blast.

Paf3d0
Car: 91 300zx TT

Thanks man appreciate the help! I figured it out its my B1 02 sensor and my #2 injector isnt hitting at all!!

Return to “Engine Tuning”