90 Q45 VS. 97 Lincoln Mark 8 lsc

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Rex
Car: None

Qship4life wrote:HA thats what i like to hear, dont get me wrong i would take my brothers Mark over my ride ne day but thats cause im pushing 200 thousand and my car is seven years older. The mark does have style black on tan 5 % tints all the way around and its sitting on 18 inch cobra wheels. slick car but the Q still handles better thats why i love em in the next year or so im hoping to get my hands on a 96 Q mines just getting to old to keep putting money into the thing.
The 96 Q45 (G50) did not have the VVT and such, and will be lsightly less powerful, a well maintained 95 is a better choice.
Qship4life wrote:I always thought it was the Q45 because of the 4.5 liter engine im confused?
The 97-01 Q45 (Y33) uses a VH41DE, thus the 4.1, but Infiniti chose not to re-badge the US, but did bring over a totally different car and badge it as such - Q45.

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

1st and 3rd gen Q's have 4.5, the middle 2nd gen has 4.1.

irax
Car: VQ35DER Powered S14.3

Jesda wrote:
Unless you're talking about the Continental or Town Car, all of the above doesn't apply. The Mark is a different animal.

It gets 24-25mpg at 70mph and the ride is firm, firmer than the G50. Its roomy for a coupe, but interior space is otherwise similar to the Q with a little more front leg room at the expense of the rear. I spent a month with a 93 Mark and loved it.

I'd also take a 97 Mark over a 97 Q, partly because the 97-98 Mark has a more inviting interior, but thats really apples to oranges. One's a luxury sport coupe and the other is a touring sedan, so my opinion on that doesn't really mean much -- I'd take Roselyn Sanchez nude over all of the above, so what does that mean in the real world?
OPPS i was thinking the towncar and not the Mk8

if its at that point, id rather go for an LS, over a MK8

Falkdesigns

Rex wrote:The 97-01 Q45 (Y33) uses a VH41DE, thus the 4.1, but Infiniti chose not to re-badge the US, but did bring over a totally different car and badge it as such - Q45.
Same thing with the 3rd gen Q, which is a Nissan Cima in Japan, just like the 2nd gen Q is.

I guess getting technical, the 1st generation Q45 is the only true Infiniti, as ALL other Infiniti's are re-badged Japanese market Nissan's.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Falkdesigns wrote: I guess getting technical, the 1st generation Q45 is the ONLY true Infiniti, as ALL other Infiniti's are re-badged Japanese Nissan's.
Better be careful, that would be a great post to throw out of context!!

DrewQ45

Falkdesigns wrote:
Same thing with the 3rd gen Q, which is a Nissan Cima in Japan, just like the 2nd gen Q is.

I guess getting technical, the 1st generation Q45 is the only true Infiniti, as ALL other Infiniti's are re-badged Japanese market Nissan's.
Isn't the first gen Q based on the pre-existing Nissan President? Kevin stop banging your head on the wall everytime someone mentions the numbers. All those jokers wish they had a Q as nice as yours. I think sex in the back seat would be better than in a G50 any day of the week!

...Drew...

Falkdesigns

It very well may be actually, and I had thought of that, however, it was sold as an Infiniti Q45 in Japan as well as here, but then Japan has random brands like that (ever heard of cars called Will?? lol).

Jesda

I think the President had a longer wheelbase and that squarish nose. From the stack of literature I have, it says the 89 (90) Q45 was designed first, with everything that came from it, including the G50 President, coming a little bit later.

Apparently Mazda had a habit of making a bunch of weird nameplates. The Miata was a Eunos Roadster in Japan.

Was the original Lexus LS400 also designed specifically for the US market to be a Lexus product?

Jesda

TgduMg
Car: 94 Q45, 02 Maxima SE

Jesda wrote:Strange how this discussion got off course from its original comparison of the first-generation Q to second-generation Mark VIII.
Well Mk's are cool and likeable, but as far as a choice of a well maintained 90 Q45, or a 97 Mark VIII for my personal vehicle... Of course the G50 wins hands down.

The mention of Ms Sanchez caused my mind to wander to a very happy place...

Danisiti 1

FarFetched
Car: Suzuki SV1000S.

Quote »1997 Lincoln Mark VIII from North America"Superb value" See your credit report and score for Free!

Get approved for an auto loan in 60 seconds, good or bad credit! Click here

Get 5% cash back at Gas Stations, with a Chase Visa card What things have gone wrong with the car? I had to replace the alternator. Also, I machined the rotors and put on new pads when I bought it. Moisture began to form in the rear tail light. This was easily solved by drilling two small holes in back panel. I think they could do away with the automatic pneumatic leveling system. General comments? The most quite car I have ever driven. Being a mechanical engineer and having worked on many cars I am most impressed with the overall performance. Almost as fast as my 1995 Q45. The Q45 was very uncomfortable and had little head room. The seats on the VIII are wide and supportive. Handeling is excellent and the turning radius is very tight. Stereo is absolutely superb. I love all the electronics and have never had a problem. Mile/gal on highway 26.

Comment on this review

Request deletion of this review [/quote]My $.02

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Quote »The most quite car I have ever driven. [/quote]"Quite" what, one wonders?

Quote »Almost as fast as my 1995 Q45.[/quote] Yeah, until the Lincoln speed limiter intervenes and the Q45 disappears into the distance rapidly.

Quote » The Q45 was very uncomfortable and had little head room. The seats on the VIII are wide and supportive. [/quote]So we have the Americanus Wide Assus problem here.

Quote »Handeling is excellent and the turning radius is very tight. Stereo is absolutely superb. [/quote]So the stereo won't play Mozart, Beethoven or Bach? I mean Händel is OK, but...

Quote »Comment on this review[/quote]Must be a Ford engineer.

irax
Car: VQ35DER Powered S14.3

maxnix wrote:So we have the Americanus Wide Assus problem here.
I'm a big guy.. all 250 pounds of man'ness and i think the q45 is very fu king comfortable.. they must of been dubble wide.. cuz the sparco sprint seat i have in my s14 is still comfortable even in long boring drives... iono

Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Q_SHIP wrote:They just don't do much for me.
I agree, the exterior is kinda iffy but the newer ones are better.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”