90 240sx sr20 tach question

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
SRpiccalo
Car: my car

speed.. how did you swap the tach... is there a way to take out the tach only? cause i thought it was just one piece

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

I didnt personally do that swap but you can take apart the gauge cluster and then swap in the silvia tach with its attached pieces I presume.

Somebody wanna give the technical specs?

hawaiianhybrid

hey wait a minute... how would you hook up an aftermarket tach if your have the coil packs? do you just splice the signal wire into the stock signal? i want to put a apex tach in....

but the cool thing about the stock ka tach is people are like WTF are you doing?!?! revving to 7700rpm when the redline is at 7000

89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

The tach swap has got to be the easiest part of the engine swap... :) Just get to the point where the gauge cluster is exposed and you can pull it out. Im assuming all of you can get this far. Then look on the back of the cluster, there should be three plugs that run into the back. Take these out just so you can access the cluster easier. Then with the gauges facing away from you look at where the back of the tach should be, there are three screws. Unscrew these and the back pops off. Remove the sohc tach and pop in the silvia or dohc one, and now go in reverse order through the steps and plug everything back in and VOILA!!! :)

89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

Quote »but the cool thing about the stock ka tach is people are like WTF are you doing?!?! revving to 7700rpm when the redline is at 7000[/quote] Sorry i just saw this. I would say WTF are you doing too cuz the SR redlines at 75. :)

SRpiccalo
Car: my car

thanks

hawaiianhybrid

89sxRCR wrote:Sorry i just saw this. I would say WTF are you doing too cuz the SR redlines at 75. :)

thats a suggested manufacturers redline ;) you can always push it a little farther, but don't get crazy. i would never go more than 500 over a redline... thats only when i race though

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”