9" wide wheels - 225 or 235 wide tires?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Mr. Music
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT w/ Convenience Package
In the family: '02 S15 Spec R, '09 Rogue

Hi folks,

I'm posting this here in an attempt to get some more exposure; I had posted in the stickied "WHAT WHEELS WILL FIT MY ALTIMA?! Will it fit? Rub?" thread but that doesn't seem to get much traffic. I've been searching the forum for the last week trying to answer my own question, but most of the posts are lacking some kind of information, be it wheel offset, drop, or something of the sort.

Anyhow, I'm trying to work out which tire size would be better on an 18x9 +32 wheel. I'm looking at 225/45-18 or 235/45-18 tires to keep close to the factory tire size. Car will be dropped on Eibach springs once they are delivered to me this week. Nearest setup I've seen to that was alphapig's when he was on 18x9 +30 wheels with 235/40/18 tires and lowered on coils with rolled fenders. Since I'm not going so low, I'd like to avoid having to roll the fenders if possible.

From my searching and measuring, I determined that I should be OK with either of those two tire sizes but would still like to see if anyone running a similar setup can offer some advice. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Chieflikalotapus
Car: 2010 Altima Coupe

If you want to stick close to stock but still want the tire to look good go with the 235 you can even go 245/45 and still look sweet.

Themeanmachine
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima coupe

For my fronts I have 245/35/20 and for my back I got 275/30/20 is anyone running that setup on they're coupe? And if not what can I do to make the back tuck in. I'm really confused with all this offset talk can anyone break it down for me?
please.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”