*9/25/05* VA Motorsports Park....All ours!!!

Including VA, WV, MD, DE, DC, NJ, PA, CT, RI, NY, MA, NH, VT, and ME
ETTInnov04
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx fastback

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!!!! What: Car guys meet and dragWhen: Sunday, September 25, 2005Where: Dinwidee, VA @ Virginia Motorsports ParkWhy: Get to know people from NICO and others that share our passion, plus a little friendly competition never hurt.How Much:$40 per racer and $5 per spectator

More Info:

We are renting out Virginia Motorsports Park! This WILL NOT BE A PUBLIC EVENT. For those unfamilier with VAMP it's in Dinwidee, VA right off of I-85. It's home to many of the traveling drag events, including NOPI, as well as the N.A.S.A. and V.M.S.C. autocross events every year. It's a fairly large and a really nice facility. We are renting the facilities for drag racing, no drfting/ autocross sorry guys. I'm hoping to get as many people from NICO to represent here. We will be meeting up with a local supra club(VA Supras) I have a few close friends who are members and were doing it together. Feel free to bring a fellow racer but please keep in mind this is not a,"Bring your mother, brother and his friend joe" type of deal. Anyone is welcome to come watch but as far as racing goes I can't have but so many. Trying to keep it under 75 people to keep the lanes flowing, something I promised at the begining. It will be just like your normal friday night drags. Full staff, tech inspection, both lanes will be open, time slips, ambulance and even RACE GAS!!!!!!!!!! We will be responsible for clean-up and trash so keep that in mind when you have that soda can and napkin and that trash can is 3 too many steps away. Myself and a few others will take care of trash so you wont be obligated to become BFI for a day.

Fine Dining

COOKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are having a cookout, only thing I ask is that everyone bring something. What you bring is up to you, just keep in mind whats going on. We will need ALOT of drinks, hamburger meat, hot dogs, chips, condiments(mayo, ketchup, mustard, cheese, pickles, etc.), buns and anything else you'd like to see there**NO ALCOHOL**. We can't charge for anything while we're there so thats why im asking everyone to bring something. I'm not asking you to pick up $30 worth of food maybe just a 6- pack of soda and some chips. This isn't mandatory and you can get in without bringing food but it wouldn't be fair to come and eat food everyone else brought...then you'll be stuck with that whole guilt thing so just bring something. If, out of the kindness of your heart, you do decide to bring something please include what your bringing in the comment box with your payment. Just so I can keep up with what every one is bringing. Wouldn't want to end up with 4,000 hot dogs and 3,000 hamburger buns get my drift?

Payment:

The cost is $40 per racer and $5 per spectator. Your payment can be made via paypal to: [email protected]. I chose PayPal because it is secure and you get a receipt as proof of payment. The way this going to work is: You make your payment, in the comment box list your car type and color(ie: RED/ Nissan 240SX), what your paying for(ie: 2 racers, 1 spectator= $85) and what your bringing(6-pack of pepsi and hot dogs), if you want to include your NICO name thats cool too. There will be a list at the gate. If your name is not on the list you dont get in, simple as that. Bring your receipt with you the day of the event, you wont need it to get in but incase there is confusion and your name doesn't make it on the list you have proof that you paid.The list will be made available to whomever wants it, incase you want to check to make sure your on it or to see who all is coming. We cant accept money on the premisis so dont show up the day of with $40 trying to get in, won't happen no exceptions. We need the money at least 2 weeks before the event. **Also if you plan to bring a guest I need their info as well, car make/model, and hat he/she is bringing**

Rules

Here's what the GM told me tech would be checking for: Nitrous --make sure it is plummed right(nothing hacked) --If bottle is mounted inside it needs to be vented to the outside-Steering column should be in safe working condition -Shifter should be in safe working condition -Have all lug nuts and your tires should not be on their wear bars -Battery tie-down in place -Seatbelts functioning properly -No obvious fluids leaking, if your car drips a little oil thats ok just dont pull up and drop a gallon of coolant at tech.Thats getting it pretty easy as far as tech goes.

*If you plan on running 12's to let you know anything at 12.39 and below requires a roll cage and a five point harness.*Any ET 12.99 and below requires a helmet. Helmets will be provided. Also dont be stupid when driving within the complex, the speed limit is 15mph. No doughnuts, etc. And if for some reason you find yourself at words with another fellow racer please take him down the road and beat on him, not inside the complex or you both will be gone, do not pass go do not collect your $40. **Please note I dont condone violence**VAMP(Dinwidee) web site http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com

Final Thoughts

I've pulled some strings and the event will go on whether you sign up or not but I wanted to get as many of the respectable car people to be there. I really dont want resort to visiting the local wal-mart to pick up all the ricers to make this event worth the trouble. This event is being held by the car guys for the car guys, It's open to any make of car/truck just please dont bring your ego. No one likes it when those get to flaring. I apologize if some of this has come off the wrong way but I just want to stress that we're serious. This is going to happen. I've given you several months notice to get your money together and to fit it into your schedule. Come out with us and have some fun on a nice september sunday, thanks guys!

Modified by ETTInnov04 at 10:07 AM 3/3/2005

Modified by ETTInnov04 at 8:39 AM 3/11/2005

Modified by ETTInnov04 at 12:50 PM 3/13/2005
Modified by ETTInnov04 at 7:06 AM 3/23/2005

drifter_for_life06
Car: Daily: '16 WRX
Toys: '92 RPS13 400whp
Exocet

count me in.......im broke and unemployed so this gives me plenty of time to sell misc. **** around the house to get the $40

ETTInnov04

All the way from PA? Wow, glad to have ya. What would it have taken to get your silvia here? Beautiful car what size are those wheels?

BNR32_Dreamer
Car: Goin fast

count me in....i may not have a nissan yet but still know alot about them...i have a 95 talon esi...soon to be turbo soon as my front mount comes in and the weather clears up....let me now if its alright if i join in the festivities

ETTInnov04

Hey man anyone with anything is welcome. It doesnt matter what you bring. Glad to see your up for it. Thanks

240sxOwner
Car: 93 240sx

You know im in...I should be KAT long before then...i am going to wait a while to pay for it because i dunno who wants to go with me....Later

WONit
Car: 89' 240sx Redtop

yeah u can count me in ! how many u got so far? i just gotta get my car to fire correctly and im sure itll be done by sept.! my problem is its only firing on the 1st and 3rd cylinders! ive been told that it is more than likely the ignitor chip ,any of you think any different? or anything else i can check?

ETTInnov04

How far you from richmond? I'd be willing to help you test it but im on the grind as far as money goes for at least another week, event is costing me more than it was supposed to. But I'm up for a drive if you cant find anyone closer. By the way if you guys can spare the $40 please dont wait until it gets close to the event you can pay at anytime. Let me knowif you need me or not.

WONit

im 98.2 miles from 100 S 12th St Richmond, VA 23219 by so mapquest says! so prolly about 2hrs to get to me! i was thinking about sending my ignitor chip and ecu back to heavythrottle and letting them test it! i plan on sendin you the 40 next week sometime i think my cousin wants to go to so i might be sendin 80 he has a t3 powered focus zx3 ,but im in 4 sho.. if u wanna take the ride down here lemme know somthinand we will set up somthin.

ETTInnov04

I'm always up for a good cruise so if you need me I dont mind the drive you can email me [email protected] and we can talk more about this.As far as people who have signed up... 0. But its only march and I wasn't expecting anyone to pay until the a little later. I think so far I've got about 10 people who said they could come from NICO, including the last post when we were just thinking about doing this. Anyway I dont mind if you guys bring a friend but just dont invite/tell everyone you meet about the event this isn't like that, I'm trying to have as many nissans/supras there. O and when you pay please dont forget to include your info in the comment box(see: payment^^^)

ETTInnov04

I regret to inform you that the meet has been cancelled. This is what happened:Two fridays ago(including this past friday)I called the GM to ensure we still had our date. He said yes but I may want to get my money in here quick because he was running out of dates. So he agreed to hold the date for me for 2 weeks until I could come up with a down payment. Well i took my two paychecks to pay off my credit card and headed up there this past friday only to find out the date was GONE...I was pissed. I tried to reschedule but the only thing he had was July 10. Because I wanted to have everyone there I turned it down, plus that was too soon to be collecting money from everyone. So heres the deal WE ARE doing this next year. I will meet with him this august and I WILL put down a payment to lock in the date. We have learned a lot just in planning this event and we will be doing some things different next year. We are even thinking about having a mobile dyno . So stay tuned and in the meantime he offered to give us a section of the lot on friday nights to do a cookout if we wanted to. So maybe if you guys still want to meet up this year it would be cool to get together and put faces with the names here. Again guys Im sorry I hate it when we try to get things organized and they fall apart but we had every intention of making this happen and IT WILL HAPPEN NEXT YEAR! Keep watching the boards and maybe a few times this summer we can get out there for a cookout. Thanks again for all your support and guys once again I apologize.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I'll be there if the job isnt sending me out of state that time

Fred..

WONit

i was lookin forward to this meet too! but i guess thier is a good side to this........... alot of time for more MODS!!!!!!!!! that is oncei get it up and running. i will probably get in touch with you sometime next week about comin down here.i sent my ecu and ignitor chip back to heavy throttle so they could test them both .itll be there 2 morow so i guess ill have it back at the end of the week!

AkiraP
Car: 1996 240sx

damn, tht sucks, was hoping on goin.

ETTInnov04

Would anyone be interested in meeting at dinwidee one friday night for a cookout. Or just a meet in general this year?

WONit

definnately!!

ETTInnov04

hey man any word on your stuff from heavy throttle?

WONit

yeah they said that the ECU was fine and started thier car w/no problems but the ignitor chip was no good! so now i gotta find one.... and im broke!!

AkiraP

yea, thtd b cool, just let me know a week or 2 n advance so i could take off.

AkiraP

o, yea, does anybody know if that drift event at cloverleaf is still on, it was called back 2 the leaf or something like that its supposed 2 b on the 26th of march?

hondah8n
Car: 1995 240sx

oh man this sounds awesome, im there!

ETTInnov04

How many of you guys would be interested in a cookout on a saturday sometime soon? I just tagged along to a supra meet this past weekend in richmond/midlothian and it worked out pretty well. Maybe we could do a cruise afterwords? Let me know

WONit

im in!!!,still tryin to get my ig. chip though!!!!!

hondah8n
Car: 1995 240sx

cookout=food and i like food

AkiraP

sweet, im n, just let me know

ETTInnov04

WONit,You still haven't gotten that ignitor chip? At least you know what the problem is now. Btw I posted about getting some parts off of that 240 you were parting out and never got a reply. I need the power mirror controls(on console) I'll take the entire console if you have it. And I also need the rearview mirror(everything). Let me know.

Thats cool I'd like to meet up with a bunch of you, you know put faces with the names here. Drop a line to some of the other 240/nissan guys and maybe we can get more than 4 of us there. I mean with just 4 of us we could go to wendy's or something you know?(We'd still do the cookout I was just saying.)

AkiraP

well im goin 2 back 2 the leaf on mar 26th and a couple of guys with 240s are coming with me if anyone wanted to meet there?

Return to “Northeast Region”