89 sentra help

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
BoostTed

I have a 89 sentra and it start squirting oil by where the belts are on the passanger side. Is the engine pretty much shot of is there hope? Am i better off just buying a new engine and swapping that in?

NISTECH

try to determine exactly what the oil is coming from. could just be an the oil sender blew its internal seal. are you sure its engine oil and not p/s fluid?

lilblue

dude it could be you r oil pump and that is built in to the timing chain cover jack up the caq and see where it is comin from like the exact spot and then you will know waht you are dealin with

AVERAGE
Car: my car

i agree NISTECH. I had an 88 parts car that was doing the same thing. body was crap but it ran superbly. then one day i started it up for hells sake and let it idle for about 10 minutes and heard this gurgling sound. next thing i knew there was oil pouring out from underneath it. in my case , i dont think it was the sending unit because i had one go out on my 87 and there was not nearly as much oil; just alot of smoke from burning the oil

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”