89 s13 hatch. aftermarket seat install HELP ( pics inside)

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
warallthetime3x
Car: SR Powered 240sx

alright so here i have a 89 s13 body , no surprise the driver side seat was shot. so bought some sweet corbeaus.. i have the passenger side mounted , and its nice ( i had to cut the factory seat bracket thats welded into the floor, that the seats bolt into in order for the seats to be low ( other wise id be hitting my head) so passenger sides all good.

but the driver side is where the problem is...we were going to do the same to the driver side as we did with the pass, seat, but theres the hump for the cat. so we tried cutting the factory seat bracket that the seats bolt to. but the driver side is still to high...im 5'4..theres no way i should be hitting the roof.

what im working with is the s13 sr20 , and doing 3 inch down pipe (no cat) just a 3 inc test pipe.i dont have the down pipe or testpipe yet, should be here friday, but just want to know if it can be done. ive seen someone slaughter their whole driver side, but just wanna know from someone who has done it or have doubts... has any one ever had the same problem? can i eliminate the hump in the floor?

passenger side, bracket and mounted

passenger front view

passenger side view

passenger sides nice, its at a good level, i want the driver side to be like that but think its impossible with the hump there

driverside...red circle shows the hump,

bottome of driver side seat...

sorry if the wording not clear but the pictures should have some justice

thank you and i appreciate the help..

warallthetime3x

BUMP!!!!

sooboss
Car: s13 rb25det swap

I had to mod a sparco seat bracket flipping the tabs up. They (tabs on sparco seat bracket) come from the factory with tabs facing down so that gave me like 4 inches excluding the sliders. My seat sits level, and on the hump ... and i had to get it as low as possible because of my rollcage... and because i'm not 5 foot nothing.. jk.. hope this helps

warallthetime3x

Am sorry I haven't posted, thought this thread was buried. I have had them in the car for about 3 weeks out so, what I did, was used the civic square base, welded on brackets and banged in the hump, seat hump til desired height. Its perfect.. Thanks again for the help.

Return to “Interiors”