87 z31 HVAC fan stopped blowing problem

A home for 1983–1989 300ZX owners!
John87_2+2
Car: 87 z31 2+2

Hello,

I checked the search function and did an on line search. It seems the most likely culprit is something called the "fan control amplifier". My question is do I just need to replace the whole AC/Heater control unit in the dash or can that specific part be removed and replaced?

Had the same problem with my old pathfinder and I was able to replace a small part near the fan motor but that car was built in the mid-90s. I assume the z31 is not the same.

It just quit today so I have not had a chance to check the simple stuff like fuses and to make sure the fan is still working. Just doing research so when I go to take it all apart I will have all the info I need. :)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Take a look at the link in my signature and find the FSM for your car and you'll have all the info you'll ever need to make the repair and try to diagnose it for yourself while help is on the way.

Return to “300ZX (Z31) Forum”