87 sentra se not firing

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
dsshntr

tried distributor,coil, and ignition switch no change in problem. Have noticed spark at #1 plug when turning key to the off position but no spark when trying to start. E16 engine 1.6L. does this have an igniter? if so where is it located? :help

NISTECH

crank it with the distributor cap off and see if the rotor turns. if it doesnt you may have a broken t-belt.

dsshntr

NISTECH wrote:crank it with the distributor cap off and see if the rotor turns. if it doesnt you may have a broken t-belt.
well i did some test and the computer was shot along with the power transistor. I will put them on tommorow and let you know the results. The rotor does turn also.

NISTECH

well did it fix it?

dsshntr

Haven't put it on yet water line busted to my rental property so that has to get done first. I will let you know when i get it running. Thanks for your input nistech.

AVERAGE
Car: my car

well it sounds like u have the electrical part nailed . now comes the hard part.....fuel! the hitachi carb on the e16 is a pos and a rebuild only last so long depending on the condition of the carb. ones u rule out all the electrical components , u will most likely come back to the carb. let me know how it goes, ill help as much as i can

dsshntr

well still not together yet fellas. rental house just smacked me down 2 grand in repairs. working o.t for that one. and you are right the carb is a pos. needs rebuilt but have never messed with carbs much.will use your help on that. WHEN IT RAINS PUT IT IN HIGH GEAR BEFORE IT RAINS AGIAN! PEACE! Thanks for the reply Average.

dsshntr

P.S It's not my moms car she's DEAD!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”