87 Sentra help

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
SPLed
Car: Car Audio (SPL), Medical Informatics

HiMy car (87 Sentra Coupe) had the electronically assisted carb+distributor (computer under the right front seat)Due to lack of knowledge and parts (and the fact that the engine couldnt get a decent idle and final speed) I installed a mechanical carbNow it has a solid low end, a bit more mileage, but no power peakI imagine it is because all conections were left disconected and no signal goes to the distributor. Maybe it has a built in rev limiter...Any info on this?Thanks

SPLed

HiMaybe the q is: How would the E16 distributor behave if all sensors were left disconnected?Thanks in advance

SPLed

And forgot to ask:The rev limiter keeps rpms under 4000? 5000?Thanks in advance

Myetball

With the connectors off the distributor you are not getting any spark advance. You should hook those back up. You should be able to rev that little E16 up to 6k safely.

SPLed

Thanks a lot anywayI switched to a ga15 electronic distributor, and the engine behaviour changed completely!Now it pulls from1500 to 4500 rpm solidly, and responds without hesitation at any pointI have a couple dellorto 40 mm dual barrel carbs that could be installed in my lil sentra...Now I am looking for a front anti sway bar for safely crusing above 150 kph...

Myetball

SPLed wrote:Thanks a lot anywayI switched to a ga15 electronic distributor, and the engine behaviour changed completely!Now it pulls from1500 to 4500 rpm solidly, and responds without hesitation at any pointI have a couple dellorto 40 mm dual barrel carbs that could be installed in my lil sentra...Now I am looking for a front anti sway bar for safely crusing above 150 kph...

For the swaybar you can pull one from a KN13 Pulsar with CA18DE or a B12 Sentra Coupe. Both are nice upgrades.

AVERAGE
Car: my car

myet, ur everwehre man!

Myetball

AVERAGE wrote:myet, ur everwehre man!

I try, I check out the Sentra section from time to time. Mainly I like this forum because of all the really good info in the CA section. Even though mine is sitting in storage I'll get it out eventually and get my project going again.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”