87 Honda Accord DX

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
Hal_Armes
Car: 1984 Nissan 720

I can't seem to find a forum or any info for for this one. The main problem with this car is electrical. All fuses are good but the horn, gas gauge and headlight flipper do not work. This is the model that has headlights that pop up when turned on and go back down when turned off. There's a manual switch to pop em up when they're not on for changing the bulbs and I flipped that switch and they popped up and have not moved since no matter what I've done. At least I can drive the car. Does anyone have any idea, like if it would be a short - where??? or if it would be a relay - which??? Thanks

One other problem I may know the answer but let me put this out for good measure. It has a newly-rebuilt carburetor but is hard to start when cold like the automatic choke may not be working. Once it gets warmed, a good part of the time when I stop at a light it keeps trying to race like the choke is on when it shouldn't be, but it doesn't do it all the time so I can't idle I down cause then it'll go dead when I stop a good part of the time. When it does idle normally the idle speed seems just right, so I think it's a choke malfunction, like the choke works in reverse. Anybody know how to correct this???

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I'd think there is something up with the steering wheel column electrical stuff. Got an aftermarket wheel on there with some odd hub adapter thing? No? Fine, take it apart and inspect anyway. Okay, check your fuses first (everywhere), then check the column. I think there's something where the stalk for the signals and lights connects to the column and then there's a rotating connection for the wires (like a gooseneck) that allows it all to work when turning the wheel and such and it also let's the blinker stop blinking when turned far enough. You probably want to get your grips on a factory service manual to help out.

That other stuff does sound like a choke issue. Learning to tune a distributor car is cool when you own one, so you should learn how to do it. Again, I recommend getting and using the FSM for that.

Hal_Armes
Car: 1984 Nissan 720

Thanks. I will try to look into it. I do have a service manual ;)

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Hal_Armes wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:50 am
I can't seem to find a forum or any info for for this one. The main problem with this car is electrical. All fuses are good but the horn, gas gauge and headlight flipper do not work. This is the model that has headlights that pop up when turned on and go back down when turned off. There's a manual switch to pop em up when they're not on for changing the bulbs and I flipped that switch and they popped up and have not moved since no matter what I've done. At least I can drive the car. Does anyone have any idea, like if it would be a short - where??? or if it would be a relay - which??? Thanks

One other problem I may know the answer but let me put this out for good measure. It has a newly-rebuilt carburetor but is hard to start when cold like the automatic choke may not be working. Once it gets warmed, a good part of the time when I stop at a light it keeps trying to race like the choke is on when it shouldn't be, but it doesn't do it all the time so I can't idle I down cause then it'll go dead when I stop a good part of the time. When it does idle normally the idle speed seems just right, so I think it's a choke malfunction, like the choke works in reverse. Anybody know how to correct this???
Did you checked driveaccord.net by any chance? I have a 1999 Accord and I am always on there. This might be a fuse issue, but it won't hurt to get a voltage reading.

KWoll24
Car: Primera

I believe info is on driveaccord.net

Return to “Others”