86' 720 engine bay wiring harness

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Killa720
Car: 1986 nissan 720

Hello everyone i am new to nico and have a few questions about my 720. Let me just let you guys know i just got into cars about 2 years ago and this is my first project car. Been trying to get her to start up and problems keep coming up. The newest one is my dash and engine bay electrical system. The previous owners wired and rewired all kinds of things, there are circuts burnt out and extra wires everywhere. Im wondering in how to fix this completely. Ive been looking for a wiring harness but havent had any luck, anyone know where to order one or how to get a hold of one? Secondly should i just take it to a shop and have them fix it? since its a mess and i have no experience with electrical stuff. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi Kila720 and welcome to NICO Club!

You can use the Factory Service Manual (FSM) to get wiring diagrams and figure out how things are supposed to be from the factory. Here's a link to the closest one I could find:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... e%20Manual

I don't think you can purchase assembled interior wiring harnesses for your truck, but I don't know for sure. Have a shop do the wiring for you? That sounds expensive and like it will result in that many more extra wires being installed and bypassing the existing wire mess. I'm not sure that's a good idea, but maybe better than trying to do it yourself. You're best bet seems to learn on your own or make friends with someone who can do it with you. That and working with someone on a forum. Maybe search around for users with the same car and see if you can contact them specifically for some help.

Killa720
Car: 1986 nissan 720

Thank you.
What about an engine swap? That would take out the old wiring and need to get the wiring for the new engine, correct?

Return to “Datsun 720”