86 200sx Turbo, worth it?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
SHIEF

Ok, guy has car listed above for $250. It needs a drivers side door, both front and triangle glass on both sides, needs a clutch. Has some rust, and who know's with the motor. Interior is great (depending on what's under the floor mats), and it has 85,000 miles on it. How hard is it to get those parts for it and will it be worth fixing for a daily driver? Sorry if you guys get these questions all the time, but this car looks unique to me for a beater. Thanks- Brandon

Nismo_yo
Car: What'cha think?

Well i cant tell you how much it would be to get it going and if its worth but personally i think you could have quite a bit of fun with it, tweek the hell out of the thing, only 250 bucks, so its not a huge loss. Dont know how much this helps but its an idea.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Parts for a car that old will probably be pretty cheap. I would think, not to say I'm an expert, that you could get it all together for 1000$ or so, assuming the engine is fine. Then I'd pull all the old gas out of the tank and fill her up with some new stuff and turn the key. It should be fine, pretty low miles and all, considering. Oh, check the turbo as well, if it's been sitting still for that long you may have a compressor wheel that doesn't spin or something. I suggest you just look the whole thing over, it's only 250$, so why not?

chillboy

My friends mom had one when they were new and we were too young to be rolling it outta the garage when she went to sleep. But we did often and it seemed like a little rocket back in the 80's. If it's in good enough shape I'd buy it. I believe that's a CA18DET if you're looking for parts $ing. Thanks for the reminisant thoughts. Does it talk? That's such an 80's thing, cool 80's thing!

S13 Power

it has the CA18ET right?

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I'm pretty sure it does, as the D part hadn't really come about yet..

SHIEF

Yeah I went and looked at it in some good daylight, and it's really not worth it. It probably needs around $2000 worth of work, even when I do the work. It is a cool car though, I'd love to have one for a daily driver, just not this one. Maybe I'll just get the turbo off of it. Yeah it's a CA18ET, no DET. Oh well.

se-rvious

Whats up guys, I have a 84 200sx for sale on another forum if your intersted. the price is very negotiable or trade if I like it. Heres the thread.

http://www.club-s12.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

Later Elliot

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”