84 NISSAN 720 LONG BED 4X4 SPORT

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
DeadpoolKRS
Car: 84 Nissan 720 4x4 Sport

Well new to the forums and also new to owning a Nissan 720. Bought the truck ran for about a month and then threw a rod while driving home on Friday. My wife's Cousin claimed to know what he was doing and now I have a dead truck with all the vacuum hoses yanked out as well as plug wires and him claiming he has never seen a truck that only has four cylinders but eight plugs. So long story short ANY and ALL help would be accepted. Also if you live in Oregon and would like to come show a 44 year old newbie, the ins and outs of the Nissan engine world, I would stock the fridge with food and drink for ya. Thanks for the listen and I hope to get some great advice. Oh and I believe I have found a replacement z24i motor for my truck from a guy in Eugene. Stock motor and carb.

waynosworld

If you scored an 86 Z24i engine, I believe your going to need the wiring harness also.
Maybe this isn't the engine I am thinking it is as I am not all that familiar with the Z24i fuel injected engine other than it being a one year 720 engine.
Others will likely know more than me about this engine like Charlie69.

DeadpoolKRS
Car: 84 Nissan 720 4x4 Sport

No i was mistaken it is a z24 engine that is the same as what i have now. mine has a thrown rod this has a bad timing gear and chain. so what i was hoping to do was replace the gear with mine and then get a new timing chain kit. also i found a vacuum line removal DIY here so i can remove all the crap i don't need here in Oregon.

Return to “Datsun 720”