83 280zx 80K miles ?????

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
candygirl

Hello,There is a 83 280zx in the paper, says 80k original miles, 2+2 hardtop for $2700. I used to drool over these cars back in the day and still have a strange attraction to them. Can someone give me some info, like how reliable they are, gas mileage, ease of engine access, etc. going price. And I hate to even ask but what does the 2+2 mean? What should I look for what should I ask seller? I am sorry for the stupid questions. Thank you so much!

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

2+2 means it has a back seat, the roof is longer and that body style in general is less desirable but they have their fans, the 83 came in both N/A and Turbo, both are Inline 6 cylinder engines, the n/a make about 160 hp at the crank while the turbo make 180 hp at the crank, RUST is a big problem on these, if's it's not glass ro rubber look for rust! expext about 20 mpg , the turbo manual model came with a stronger T5 transmision, the motors are good for around 300k if they aren't abused, they have 4 wheel disk brakes and 4 wheel independent suspension, the miles are low but the price still seems a bit high as the 2+2 models are less sought after, if it's got a digital dash readout you could encouter problems there, but all in all they are retty trouble free cars, they weight right at 3000 so they aren't light weightm the diffs are all open so they can be tricky in rain snow and ice, ...did I miss anything?

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”