83 200sx leaking problem

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
chriskapinos
Car: 83 datsun 200sx, 88 200sx ka24e

i'm not sure where water comes in, you can see it dripping from the passenger side above the window, seems liek the sunroof doesnt leak, and also water gets in and on the passenger ground as well, i sealed off the vent on the right side under the hood, but still leaks a bit. I cant tell where its leaking from, its more than 1 spot. Also, the weatherstripping is on its way out, how hard would finding replacement weatherstripping be?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

factory sunroof or aftermarket? if it's factory clear out the drain tubes to make sure it's drainign proppery, this is a pita and will require removing interior anels to get tot he ends of the tubes

if it's aftermarket,have ti reinstalled they are notorious for leaking, they lack the internal drains for they depend on that ende seal and just because it looks good doesn't mean it's not leaking

ont he sentras they had a rpoblem with the widnshield gasket holding moisture and causing rust on the roof and windshield fraome breakign the water tight bost witht he windshiled gasket, you can remove the windshield clean up the rust and have it reinstaled, pita but if you have full coverage insurance and a rock chip insureance wil replace the glass free fo charge

chriskapinos
Car: 83 datsun 200sx, 88 200sx ka24e

its a factory sunroof im pretty sure, car has all power options, and it came with an interior cover, so im sure its stock.. i'll try clearing the drain tubes.. any suggestions with the leak that doesnt seem to be coming from the sunroof, but more like at your feet on the passenger side?

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”