'82 720 kingcab Brights don't work!

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
burtandurny101

I just picked this truck up this week; it has some things going for it and against it....

My most aggravating issue is that the brights do not come on at all ever and the indicator does not either.
Whoever owned this before me redid a few things under the dash; like an added switch that controls the lights with key on or off. And a push button starter circuit.

I think that the rewire job on the lights is the cause of my nightmare but i have no freaking idea how to rewire the thing myself.

Can anybody throw up some pics of their wiring under the steering wheel cover and maybe below the dash?

Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Here's the direct link for the FSM for your Datsun 720 Truck. Hopefully it will have all the info you'll need to make the repair and try to diagnose it for yourself while help is on the way.

burtandurny101

Hmmmm thanks.

I did actually figure it out. Toggle switch the previous dancing-monkey (owner) wired up crossed some wires; cut it out and the brights work!

Return to “Datsun 720”