7th Gen Maxima Engine Mount issue?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
[email protected]
Car: 2010 Nissan Maxima

Engine Mount issue?

The motor appears to be sagging somewhat towards the front/right of the vehicle (towards the front pax headlight ya). Pretty sure I need engine mounts (perhaps all but the tranny side that was just replaced with a new CVT recently)...but maybe only 1 or 2 maybe 'for sure/right away' I dunno. Already had to replace the upper Right hand Torque Rod after only 1 year ("on my 3rd now including the original"), & that's screaming one or more of the main mounts right?

Rear, Front, Right side, or perhaps lower Right side Torque Rod... which seems most likely? Can barely see a damn thing on the 3 main mounts... lower strut rod rubber appears to be squished/compacted, so it's probably shot too ya? Front or Rear too?

"Sagging towards the front pax head light" ~117K, 2010 SV.

Many thanks in advance
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise title

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I honestly would replace all of the motor mounts if you've already replaced one. They likely all are worn out if one is.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

You guys can do that if you want. I don't and have never paid a price ever for it. There is no rule that says all mounts go at the same time although some can, you just change the definitely bad ones and motor on, the next time it's just as likely you change the same one again and leave the others alone a second time. BTDT and way more than once. Some I never change over the life of a 250K mile vehicle.

macgiver

mac, yeah my American cars that had upper "dogbones" - those need to be tight and seem to go often & first/repeatedly over bottom ones . In , at least my INFINITI & foreign / late model in general I believe amc49's philosophy to make sense, that all things considered of course ACCESS/EASE of INSTALL #1 factors. That typically the drvr's side mount (forwards drive torque kills'em) usually goes first & repeatedly pass, side RARELY ,for same reason and if RWD trans mount takes DAMAGE/CORROSION HiMi to take a toll. Same w FWD a PARTICULAR mount takes all the punishment , although FWD needs far more "play" & "give" than in a RWD car .Inspection IS key though where If you see impending failure or one is so easy to do along with the "prime culprit" yeah!
:inout:

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”