7th Gen Maxi problem reversing

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Pervis12
Car: 2014 Nissan Maxima S

Hello guys, i believe i've made a post about this before. Every time i put my car into reverse and try revering the car do not move, and when i hit 2,000 RPM or above, the RPM meter will start jumping up and down while the car making a raving sound and not moving. The only time i can get it to reverse is when i step on the accelerator verrry slowly, when i reach between 1,500 - 2,000 rmp the car finally start to reverse slower and out of nowhere jerk and start reversing normal, but i can not pass 2,000 rpm or it will stop and the rpm meter will start jumping up and down again and i will have to start the process all over. Now this only happen when the engine is warmed up or about to hit the normal temperature, but on a complete cold engine( temp gauge at C ) this will not happen at all, the car will reverse normal. Nissan parts guys do not know exactly how many quarts of NS-2 CVT fluid goes into my trans, but i have about 5.5 quarts in there. For some reason i think the problem is from the shifter linkage (cable), it may not be adjusted correctly, i've tried about 5 times following the service manual, but i either get this to happen in reverse and my drive will be good, or i get this to happen in drive and my reverse will be good, i can't get them both to operate correctly. The shifting linkage has been disconnected before due to the trans being removed from the vehicle. I can provide more information on this topic, please help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance. Here is the video i recorded a while ago.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/BFiCk79KMMQ[/youtube]

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”