720 z24 high comp pistons? please help

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
720Drifter
Car: 1985 Nissan 720 Pick-up

Hey guys i'm new to the website but not nissans. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I ended up blowing my tranny drifting with some friends but thats taken care of in the form of a 92' 240sx tranny, but my question is since i have the motor out, (i had pulled them together), does anyone know of what piston I can use to bump my compression? I know I might be in the wrong forum but I figure I'd try to ask some people with knowledge about old school motors instead of hearing about 4x4ing or turbocharging everthing in sight. Any help would be very appreciated.So far i've got a weber 38 dges, full 2.5'' striaght exhaust, msd ignition,ported head,and intake, comp cam, electric fan, penske racing shocks, pacesetter header, and a host gauges.

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member[IMG]

510forever

I don't think there are pistons for sale that is on the sheft. You may special order that to build you one or just do some modifications.There's alot of things that you can do on this motor....but limited though.Now if you want more compression, you can shave the head all the way, replace the cam, bigger duration qnd bigger lift. and the hard part which can give a lot compression is to use ka pistons.I know this is not popular in the Datsun world but when I was in Guam.This is the number 1! Goodluck!

hessianben

Well shoot- I can't help you out with compression, but I would really like to see some more pics and stats on your setup!!! I've been in the process of setting my '02 frontier up for drift/track days, and get nothing but flak for it! I just want to drive it for fun, I don't need to crawl rocks or lay rail haha....Ive added a rear leaf for rigidity, dropped it 3/4, shaved bumpstops, custom intake, waiting on KYB shocks till Monday...I can get sideways pretty well, but transitions are really tricky! any tips??Thanks

KA720
Car: RB powered s13

Return to “Datsun 720”