71-72 GT-R Questions. Thoughts. Knowledge.

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Zymol75
Car: R50 Pathfinder Q swapped

Okay, so there's this...
71-72 GT-R. Expensive, yes. Available, yes. Importable, yes. Will the RB26 fit in it? Is that a hacked up nightmare? This was answered already for me, but any other info or views are totally welcome.

I look at it this way. I wouldn't leave it stock. I don't leave anything stock. The current cost to buy and restore a 68 Camaro RS/SS or modify it even a bit is north of 50 grand, So the prospect of spending 35-50 Grand on one of the rarest cars on earth and even more rare in NA, doesn't seem so out of balance. So 2nd question is, where is the best location to search for a potential vehicle to purchase?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

I love how at the top of this article it says...
"This article has multiple issues."
"This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (January 2013)"
"This article may be too long to read and navigate comfortably. (September 2013) "

Made me read the whole frikin page. I spent hours there... I'm sooo pathetic... lol.

Zymol75

A few obsessive images and other...

This last one is for sale but I can't get a clear indicator of where it currently is...

JTR32gtst

I absolutely love that model. RB series motors would fit considering the L20 led to the Rb20 if I remember correctly. You may get crap from purists, but I feel a mildly modified RB25 would be tits in one of those. Nothing big, 350-375 rwhp and leave it be.

Zymol75

Oh yeah, I think so too. Anything over 300 HP is useless for me as I live in the northern end of the Tampa, Florda area and anywhere I could use more HP would require a flatbed and tons of travel. I don't own trailer queens and I wouldn't take a GT-R up the rural highways of Florida. The bugs and rocks would destroy it for me. I would use it a lot. It would have to be fun for sure, so 200-300 yeah that's realistic but none of that 800 boosted WHP and nitrous and roll cages that don't let you use/enjoy the car. I'm picturing Brian and Mia cruising in his GT-R in F&F 5 in the DomRep and that's me. But not a black one.

VandrelSOUSA

Seen some RB26 swaps with these in the past. Great cars.

Managed to line one up for myself here recently :)

usafdarkhorse
Car: 1990 Honda NSX #382
1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R #2317
1972 Datsun 240Z

Don't hack up a GT-R. Do it to a 2000GT. Your GT-Rs will land in the 70-80k+ price range anyway.

I've seen a handful of hakosukas since being in Japan. They're pretty cool and look great, but I think finding replacement parts for things that aren't just a common Datsun part would be problematic, say a windshield for example.

Lnkysean

I love the older JDM look and I really wish I could afford one, good luck man. Make sure you post some pictures when you get it.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”