6th gen Max

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Haha, you guys should all know about it by now. It's in every car mag this month. What do you guys think about it? ...discuss

IMO, I luv it. I haven't seen any good interior pics, but I'm guessing it's like all the new Nissan's...border line cheap. As a lot of people I'm willing to look past that for what's under the hood. The claimed 260HP 3.5L. Lemme guess, more torque steer and traction problems....SWEET!The styling has me on edge though, I think it's too close to the Altima in looks, but it fits the Nissan family well.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I dont have any hard info yet.Educate me.

Fred...:)

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

The more I read about it and the more pictures I look at the more I like it. I still need to see one in person though. More torque steer and traction control problems are great problems to have, and can be easy to live and put up with. Well worth it! One thing that I am kinda getting use to is the new Skyview roof. Very different, and I believe it is standard. A conventional glass sunroof is still an option as always however.

Mayhem_J30

I liked the skyview roof too. Different, but different is good. To bad it doesn't open up though. Not sure how often I would open the blinds just to get extra sun on my head.

tony, was the max coming with a Limited slip? I don't remember that, but it sounds like it's HIGHLY needed with that power.

What's the 5th gen power rating for the 3.5? Is it also the 260 like Nissan says they're doing with the 6th gen?

EDIT:OK the interior I'm liking now after seeing pics. The bucket seat OPTION in the rear with console is an awesome idea.

Nissan posted a 265 HP version of the 3.5 which is suposedly 10 more then the last gen.

theTony

Mayhem_J30 wrote:I liked the skyview roof too. Different, but different is good. To bad it doesn't open up though. Not sure how often I would open the blinds just to get extra sun on my head.

tony, was the max coming with a Limited slip? I don't remember that, but it sounds like it's HIGHLY needed with that power.

What's the 5th gen power rating for the 3.5? Is it also the 260 like Nissan says they're doing with the 6th gen?

EDIT:OK the interior I'm liking now after seeing pics. The bucket seat OPTION in the rear with console is an awesome idea.

Nissan posted a 265 HP version of the 3.5 which is suposedly 10 more then the last gen.

TCS (Traction Control System) and HLSD (Helical Limited Slip Differential) are both still options.

Power is up from 255/246 (HP/Torque) to 265/255.

18" wheels are standard on the SE.

Other nice standard features: Cornering lights (they're back!), Dual exhaust, Dual zone climate control.

Mayhem_J30

TonyVQ wrote:TCS (Traction Control System) and HLSD (Helical Limited Slip Differential) are both still options.

Power is up from 255/246 (HP/Torque) to 265/255.

18" wheels are standard on the SE.

Other nice standard features: Cornering lights (they're back!), Dual exhaust, Dual zone climate control.

I was unaware of the LSD. I thought that was only available on the Infiniti I's. I guess it only comes on the SE or something. I do love cornering lights on cars!! :ylsuper

I30

Its gonna be big and heavy, it will need the 265hp to get some decent times. I dont like the new one at all, its supposed to be a sports sedan! It is going to turn out wayyy to much like an altima!

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I like the car! It has some Altima hints but also 350z as well but to me it un-mistakeable Mixima.I love the... Sky roof Dual exhaust <== one thing that won me over on my Altima 18" wheels TCS <== this could be a problem off the line,at least it is on my Altima. HLSD 265HP/255Torque Im not so sure about the front end though I need to see it in person.

:D

theTony

The grille is my least favorite thing about the car, but if you look at a lot of the other new Nissan's coming out, it falls in line with the overall design of the whole line. When the face lifted version for the 6th gen arrives in '06, I am hoping there will be some improvement.

LAWLESS240

I TOO HAVE A MAXIMA. I THINK THAT THE NEW MAX IS SWEEEET! THE REAR BUCKETS WITH A CONSOLE IS DEFINATELY AN OPTION I WOULD WANT. IT LOOKS LIKE NISSAN THREW THE Z, THE MAX, THE ALTIMA, AND THE G35 IN A MELTING POT AND GAVE IT A MOHAWK:ylsuper

:thumbup

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i dont like the body shape at all, atleast compared to the 5th gen max, and go figure it looks a lot like the new altima , but i think the altima looks great, i jus dont think this car flows enough, im sure it will grow on me, but for now, it looks goofy

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

Didn't like them in the magazines, but saw one in person at the local Nissan dealership. I like it a lot better than the 2000 - 2003 Maximas. Rear spoiler looks cool, and I was relieved to see a standard sunroof is still available. It has some 350Z in it's styling, for sure. Add a G35 Coupe grille, ant you have somethin.

theTony

I too like them better after i have seen several around town and after I sat in one at the new car show here a couple of weeks ago. They are growing on me but it takes time with me. A lot of new body styles do sometimes.

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

It took about 2.3 milliseconds to fall in love with the G35 Coupe.

Still not in love with the G35 sedan, yet, but it is growing on me.

The FX45 is cool, but I got scared, when someone compared it to a modern-day AMC

lessthanjakejohn

I saw a 04 Max today, it looked awesome and the grill looked good too. THe pictures don't do justice IMO.

jhoward
Car: design, cars, music

I like everything about it. The styling is better than any other blan car in its class.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”