6th Annual SoCal240SX.org Summer meet 06.25.05 Mile Square Park

Including HI and CA
mav1178

This is year #6 of this annual ritual.... for the old timers, you guys already know the drill.

For newbies, here's all the info:

1999, ~25 people.2000, ~45 people.2001, ~70+ people.2002, 90+ people.2003, 130+ people.2004, 150+ @ California Speedway2005...... ??

Saturday, June 25th 200511AM - 3PM

Mile Square Park, Fountain Valley CA http://www.ocparks.com/milesquare/

We will be in the southeast corner, off Euclid and Warner.

Parking entry fee is $4, this is charged by the Orange County Parks and Recreation department.

Food will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. Most likely it will be like previous years, I front the food bill and you guys pay me back later.

And as always, no burnouts or stupid car driving stunts. You drive crazy, I call the cops on you.

More information to be added, as well as updated on http://www.socal240sx.org

And.... I'm working on having some "special" cars at the park. Cars you normally don't get to see on a "public road". Two years ago we had the Signal Auto S15 there....

See you all there!

-alex

CybeRise
Car: S14 Silvia

2 huge meets in 2 weeks! awesome! however i can only go to one so sorry

Flight_240
Car: 240sx, Integra DA

Same here, I can't ask for 2 straight weeks requested day off. damn it which one is a bigger meet? I'm guessing this one. But the El Monte meet is a 10 min drive for me.

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Just so we all know (or at least me), there's quite a bit of entrances to the park & parking lots - any specific parking lots / entrances we should be taking? Southeast Corner is still 1/4 square mile. I always tend to get lost in that park...

mav1178

Hi everyone,

Here's some updated information on the meet itself...

It will be at Mile Square Park, at the southeast corner of the park near the Warner/Euclid intersection. As stated it will be from 11AM till 3PM.

Food cost to be determined, but it will include the reservation fee that I am paying for to hold the spot in the park. Entrance is $5/car, this is charged by the park.

Now, a few VERY IMPORTANT RULES:

- No speeding of ANY KIND in the park. If you have to shift to 2nd gear, you are driving TOO FAST.- No revving of engine, no burnouts, no display of penii, bottom line is, no one gives a crap about your ego.- If you screw around, I will kick you out of the park. A Zero-tolerance rule is in effect. First warning = you being given the boot.

I have to be strict with the rules, because the park now has a policy against car clubs because of a few bad events in the past. The ranger is holding me personally responsible for all your conducts and actions at the park, and frankly I want to come back next year to such an awesome location. And if someone screws up, we're all getting the boot... and I really do not want to make a fool out of anyone by having to state that the meet was cancelled early because of one person's ****up.

Oh, and another reason for not screwing around: if you piss off the rangers they WILL call the Sheriff's Dept.

Directions:

From South OC/San Diego:

I-5 north to I-405 NorthExit Euclid, head northAfter passing Warner, make a left at next available turn into park, then park to the left after passing the ranger station.

From LA County:

I-605/405 south to 405 southExit Warner Ave. EASTLeft @ EuclidMake left @ next available turn into park, same as above.

From Riverside/San Bernadino County:

60/91 west, 57 SouthTake 22 westExit Euclid, head southAbout 3-4 miles down, make right into park before you hit Warner. The park starts at Edinger and ends at Warner.Same as above.

I do realize there are two events, but I'm not doing this event to compete with any other event, but rather to continue a tradition I started back in 1999. One or the other, either way you will win.

If you have any questions contact me at [email protected]

-alex

mav1178

Hi again,

I have extremely good news! We'll have *almost* free food at the meet!

I received an unexpected email from a 240SX owner (that has also been to many MSP meets in the past), that he has the means to provide us with tons of free hot dogs and burgers... unfortunately there is still drinks, condiments, and the reservation fee for the park...

The fee for food will be $2 PER PERSON. There will be about 200 burgers and 100 hot dogs for you guys to munch on... if anyone wishes to donate ice for ice chest, and/or condiments, feel free to bring whatever you want.

And on a side note: One of the main reasons why I posted the rules regarding the meet, was that there was an accident last month where a street racing accident in broad daylight killed a 10 year old girl. One of the cars involved was a 240SX... and this incident happened RIGHT NEXT TO MILE SQUARE PARK. I know not everyone deserves to be labeled as "bad people", but from the park's point of view, they've seen too many gatherings and events to know what may/may not happen, and unfortunately car gatherings are considered "high risk".

So let's go out, have fun, and show that we are all a bunch of law-abiding enthusiasts just wanting to have a day of fun in the sun.

-alex

mav1178

Hi everyone,

My deepest apologies, but the meet scheduled for this Saturday June 25th at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley, CA has to be postponed due to circumstances beyond my control.

I am currently rescheduling for early August, pending confirmation of date and location.

I will take full responsibility of not being able to have this meet, and any questions, complaints and grieviances can be directed towards me. The ball in this case was dropped by more than one individual, but since I am planning the event I will take full responsibility for it.

Hopefully we will have a bigger and better event.

Please let everyone that was planning on attending about this.

Thanks.

-[email protected]

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Actually, August would be way better for me - still busy installing crap on the car.

I'm sure when the meet finally does happen, it will be madness.

daaracer
Car: nissan 240sx

aw man i was really looking forward to this oo well maybe you can keep me updated on this? thanks

s14dude240
Car: s14

please update me to.

ButtaSc0ttch
Car: *91 Sil-80

Aug. sounds alot better actually... I could probably go to the Aug. one.

gabossie
Car: Your mom

great, now I might be able to make it! Keep us updated!

daaracer

so are we still on for august or what?

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

If you are, I recommend you start a new thread with a new date so new folks know.

daaracer

so whats up with this meet are we gonna make it happen or what???

Return to “California Region”