65-320

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
71-521

I just got my 320 home yesterday and wanted to share a few pics with you guys... (yes, this is what I look like---kinda!)
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/U ... CT0204.jpg[/img]
Yea, I know...I promised the wife I would get a pink cast put on this Valentines day thinking I wouldn't have to get a third one put on... Another 3 weeks with a pink one...
Gotta love her! :D
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/U ... CT0206.jpg[/img]
Had to tie the hood shut cause the hinge is broken...anyone got a straight hood? :D I've got a windshield  for it but need to cut it out of the frame and put it in with a new gasket...has anyone found one other than at Scott's?
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/U ... CT0225.jpg[/img]
Nice bumperettes and tail lights...the whole underneath is rusty....good ole metal!
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/U ... T0175a.jpg[/img]
Custom guages...
Anybody have a knob for that thing on the left side of the ashtray???
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/U ... CT0229.jpg[/img]
got the bumper and the grill placed on it....
anybody got a passenger blinker assembly???
I have the headlight trim rings, just need to put them on...

We need to get these blinker lenses made for these 320's like Ken did with the NL tail light lenses....

anyways...I got a super deal from Mklotz on this...Thanks Mike!
It has an A series motor and trans in the bed right now and I will be putting either that or an E/J series in it...
I have thought about putting in the L20b I have ready for the 510 but need to get a welder first...

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress but it will be sloooow going as other projects need to come first!
L8r

Pac. coast Datsun

Right on good to see you got her home finally. The extra bed is nice too, gonna swap it on? Yours looks like mine did when i got it home..kinda rough but spend about 1 month on it & she'll look way better.

mklotz70

Yea!!!  One more rig out of the back yard!!! :)  Thanks Paul!  ...and you're welcome :)

That means I'm one step closer to pulling the NL in the shop!! :)

71-521

Anything for Team Datsun!

here's a little secret...
the Boys named my 320:
mater
going to look something like this:

71-521

Was able to putter around working on it between naps...
here's a few pics

71-521

engine bay

matti

G'day and good luck with the resto. Look forward to seeing your work unfold. That A12 however, would have to be the worst looking A12 I have ever seen. Did it it come out of a "car bomb" vehicle. Does it still turn over? If you use it how do you plan to get clearance off the steering arm? I have seen two different ways, can you come up with a third. Love seeing em kept alive. Again good luck and I look forward to your posts.
cheers

71-521

the Motor is an A14 that came out of another 320...ran according to the previous owner and I take his word very seriously....
I'll have to figure the steering thing as the truck fell off the floor jack as I was sliding under the jack stand, crushing the steering cross bar...so gotta do something!

matti

Unlucky, I hope you're all right. I'd believe "mklotz70" too. He'd be one of the last people to lie on this site. G'Day Mike. The bloke I sold my ute to is already looking to sell it. Says he has money troubles. I don't know if he is going to ever get the spare from my dads place or not. If he doesn't I think I'll hot rod the bugger. Any way where are the pics. :D
cheers

mklotz70

Thanks Matti......but I only ran it on primer, but it did run pretty good.  The big question gets answered when the system gets some water in it........hhmm...Paul...did I say whether it had water in the system or not?  The biggest appeal of going with the A14 is that parts are available.  Once the mounts are made....another A14 can be found pretty cheap if that one turns out to be bad. 

I'm sure hoping you come up with better mounts than what we found on that other frame!!!!  Wooden blocks and chains were used!!!!  They looked like rubber blocks becuase they were soaked with oil, but when I actually grabbed them, they were stinkin' wood!!!  Man....what some people call call acceptable is pretty scary!!! 

71-521

I don't remember if you said anything about water or not...
Everything is on hold for the time being until I get a welder...
I unbolted the stock brackets and have spaced up some L20b passenger side brackets and they look reallly close with the mounts...
it shouldn't take too much welding but I need to pick up a second one for the other side...
I'll post up pics when I can....

71-521

It's been awhile since I updated this thread...
got cancer and took a few months off! yea, that's it....
anyways I picked up a blue matching hood from a friend from another forum...
looks good on there but it had 3 bolts broken off in the brackets..
on this 320 there are 2 different types of nuts welded to the brackets one type for each side...looks stock type of craftsmanship on the welds..
I just took a 3/16" drill bit and slowly drilled the centers out of them and tomorrow I will pickup a set of metric taps as the Sae threads don't match up to what is on the truck...strange huh?
I thought all these were SAE threads...
anyone know what they have as far as threads size?
SAE or Metric?
I'll get pics up when the camera gets a new cord to unload the old pics...

Return to “Datsun 320”