6000 mile service?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
redroguegal
Car: Nissan Rogue

I got an email from the dealer saying I needed a 6000 mile service (I am only at 4100 so far). The link to "what does this include?" didn't work. Do I need this or is it just a way to get my money? Thanks!

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I am leaning towards the latter one, but that is just me.

Best way to know is to email them back to ask them for what purpose they want to see you and what they intend to charge you for that.

There is no 6000 miles maintenance item in the maintenance manual.

blueis300
Car: 2007 nissan maxima 3.5 se

Doubt they will change anything but oil and fill fluids,washer fluid etc.. Everything else is gonna be check only. Look into exactly what it is and then see what you can do yourself.

daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

Unless you operate your Rogue under extreme conditions (stop and go in hot weather, short trips in cold, dusty rough muddy road driving or towing), then Nissan says that 7,500 mile oil changes are OK.

Check your maintenance schedule:

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/o...e.pdf

TECHLINE08
Car: RB S14

7501 or higher mile oil changes are not okay, if u start having oil consumption problems, and nissan finds even alittle sludge in that motor, you will pay for that motor, you run the risk

daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

TECHLINE08 wrote:7501 or higher mile oil changes are not okay, if u start having oil consumption problems, and nissan finds even alittle sludge in that motor, you will pay for that motor, you run the risk
I agree, we always split the difference and change oil at 5,000 mile periods

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

TECHLINE08 wrote:7501 or higher mile oil changes are not okay, if u start having oil consumption problems, and nissan finds even alittle sludge in that motor, you will pay for that motor, you run the risk

Welcome to the NICO, Techline08!

(Anything behind the techline? Corperate?)

I agree with you 100% I find it is much better to stay on the side of caution. My wifes' Acura claims you can go 10,000 between oil changes, for her that is 1 and a half a year. I don't like to leave oil in there late long.

As for the email reminder, the company outsources to a marketing firm that "estimates" what your mileage should be. If you are not due just disregard it. They are not trying to run it to you they are just trying to put a bug in your ear, and get your business.

TECHLINE08
Car: RB S14

i've been on NICO for awhile under a different name, I thought it might be funny to use TECHLINE as a name when i'm a work

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

TECHLINE08 wrote:i've been on NICO for awhile under a different name, I thought it might be funny to use TECHLINE as a name when i'm a work
Whaaat!!! You are surfing the internet during work Nobody do that around here, you should be ashamed!!

Return to “Rogue Forum”