60,000 mi Maintenance - Should I do it at the dealership?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jawhn
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

2015 SL - I'm going to need my 60,000 mi maintenance soon, should I do it at the dealership? Any issues with having a local shop do it, as this is one of the major ones.

PS, I do have an extended warranty.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

You don't need to do any of that 60k mile maintenance. Mine just passed 60k miles 2 weeks ago, and I only did a trans fluid change, oil change, and new tires (threads were very uneven).

However, if you haven't done your brake fluid change, get 2 bottles of Nissan Brake fluid, a drain pan, another set of hands, and DIY this.

Also, your extended warranty does not cover this so-called "maintenance schedule".

jawhn
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Thanks for the response. I mentioned the extended warranty because most warranty companies "require" you to do the manufacture maintenance to keep the warranty valid.

BTW... Did you notice any difference in the transmission after the fluid change?

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

jawhn wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:46 am
Thanks for the response. I mentioned the extended warranty because most warranty companies "require" you to do the manufacture maintenance to keep the warranty valid.

BTW... Did you notice any difference in the transmission after the fluid change?
Since my trans has new fluid now, its smooth as butter, and quieter for once, but way too quiet to my liking. Also, it shifts better and throttle response improved.

Return to “Rogue Forum”