5spd SWAP QUESTIONS

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
PATHFINDER99NI
Car: 1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

The 4spd auto is dying on my '99. I hate the auto and Id hate to put another in. I found a manual that shows pretty much how to do the swap. I've converted my '95 suburban to an LS/5spd combo, and I've replaced the carpet in my pathfinder so I'm confident I can take this on, especially since there is a manual for the manual conversion available.

A few questions remain:
1 - Will the autos transfer case be used with the manual?
2 - Will the autos driveshaft be used with the manual?
3 - Cant the Xterras 6spd be used if the Pathfinders bellhousing was retained?

Any help would be appreciated and Ill post pics along the way.

Thanks,

Nick

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

I think that's a no, no, and a no but it is doable to make the conversion with a bunch of new parts, wiring, a new ECM, and some custom modifications. The drive shafts are probably different lengths, the part numbers are different. The transfer cases are completely different. The bellhousings are very different and the Xterra may also be am incompatible fit-up. I assume the instruction manual you have is the same one linked in this older post on this topic. >>> 2000-pathfinder-se-automatic-to-manual- ... 55548.html
That will be quite the project. I look forward to seeing your details and pics as you move this forward. Wishing you well and good luck on this.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”