520 Ute

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
SUN520
Car: Datsun 520 Ute

Hi all ,

I have just picked myself up a Datto 520 Ute . The previous owner has modified it with a L18 and a 240K Auto trans . She needs a little work still to be done to get her going , but i imagine she will go quite well ...My wife is going to clean up the tray and coat it with a coat of varnish . (she likes tinkering with my projects , to add her little flavor to them )

I joined here to see if there was anyone with some things i am needing to finish her off .. I am looking for some , side fender indicator lenses , side fender badges , bonnet badging ..

If anyone could point me in the right direction to find these items , that would be great .

I will get some pics up shortly ..

Cheers Phil

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Welcome to the family!! We like pics, I can't wait to see your 520.

Charlie69
Car: 1966 Datsun 520

Hello Sun520,

I am in the middle of setting a L20B in my 66 520. What I am wondering is 2 things, the auto trans and the clearance of the radiator and firewall with the motor.

First do you like th automatic? Does the truck have enough power? Still Cruise down the highway well? And what transmission is it if you do like it.

Second did the firewall or the radiator have to be modified to get the motor in. Does the water pump still have the fan attached or are you running electric fans? How are the motor and trans mounts adapted?

I will be posting pictures as we move through my conversion.

Some pictures would be helpfull.

My email address is [email protected]

If you can not post your pictures here please email me some.

Thank you,Charlie

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”