510 Saloon here, parts help?

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
Royal Blood_22
Car: 1971 Datsun 510 Saloon.

Hey, I'm obviously fresh off the tar here. My name is Alex, and I live in California, up north near Redding and 2 hours from Chico.
Anyway, my dad is throwing 200 down for a complete 1971 Datsun 4 door 510. The only issues we can see under the hood, is a mysterious maximum pressure buildup on the brake pedal (something to do with the brake master cylinder).
No battery, but that's an easy fix..
and the Mechanical fuel pump problem throwing gas into the engine somehow..
We pulled the dip, and smelled gasoline... :/
I am sorry about no pictures at the moment, no camera sadly...
Anyway, those are the only real issues under the hood.
umm there are a couple of body dings on the rear quarter panel and a small hole in the rear drivers taillight.
Undercarriage? surprisingly very clean..
If anybody has great advice for a cheap parts outlet wherever, that would be totally coool lol.

Thank you for reading, and have yourself a good day.

Li'l Truckie
Car: 3 x '65 PL 320
1 x '64 PL 320
1 x '63 PL 320
1 x '62 PL 320 - parts :(
1 x '60 PLG-222
and many more Datsuns from 48hp to over 500hp

Royal Blood_22,

Welcome aboard.

For the items you discussed - fuel pump, battery, brake master cylinder - these are readily available from your local parts store - NAPA, O'Reilly, etc. They will be somewhat generic/house brands but will work. Autoanything.com will also be able to fill your order online.

If you are looking for OE type parts the best place to start would be to peruse the Datsun classifieds here on NiCo or place a wanted thread for the specific items you are looking for and maybe a price range. Of course there is eBay.

Again welcome aboard,

Li'l Truckie

Royal Blood_22
Car: 1971 Datsun 510 Saloon.

Hey, thank you very much, Well I went back to the man who wanted to let it go. But unfortunately did not want to let it go for that least amount of money. Which I completely understand. He told me he could junk that car and get $200.. So I'm going to have to get a job to be able to fuel my passion.. I really want this car. But thank you again for letting me know some tips. I won't be just up and leaving this site, I'll stick around in the future. have a good day.

Li'l Truckie
Car: 3 x '65 PL 320
1 x '64 PL 320
1 x '63 PL 320
1 x '62 PL 320 - parts :(
1 x '60 PLG-222
and many more Datsuns from 48hp to over 500hp

No problem, keep us posted.

Just remember rust repair is expensive and more than likely not guarnteed so find the best body you can. Mechanics are easier to fix and can be tackled a little bit at a time. There is a donor two door on eBay with a great body, but I'm sure the price will only go up as the auction ends.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Other-St ... ars_Trucks

Wish I had this one before I parted out my '71 gully find 2-door 510. Oh, and yes, I have made a pretty penny on parting this one out, just have to be patient.

Andy

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”